How is performance on T-Mobile?

This is a discussion on How is performance on T-Mobile? within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I live in chestnut Ridge NY.....bout 21 miles out of NYC and I have no bars at my houses, when on T-Mobile map it shows ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: How is performance on T-Mobile?

I live in chestnut Ridge NY.....bout 21 miles out of NYC and I have no bars at my houses, when on T-Mobile map it shows I should have full bars and 3g..... I say to wait till its on Verizon

Im in Dallas TX and it's ok...Only reason i got the service was because of the phone. I never had 1 dropped call unless im near the airport with sprint. With T-mobile i had about 6 so far....And i miss 69.99 500 minutes and mobile to any mobile with any smart phone. "sniff" "sniff"

jah
    Quote Originally Posted by dallasfever View Post
    Im in Dallas TX and it's ok...Only reason i got the service was because of the phone. I never had 1 dropped call unless im near the airport with sprint. With T-mobile i had about 6 so far....And i miss 69.99 500 minutes and mobile to any mobile with any smart phone. "sniff" "sniff"
    My calls drop just walking around my house now, even though the map says I have the best coverage possible. I never had a dropped call in 13 years with US Cellular.

edit: OTOH, I don't like telephones anyway, so I don't really care that much. And T-Mo is cheap.

Im in South FLA and have had TMO for 16 YEARS!!! Started when they were OMNIPOINT and you could literally pick your numbers to match up as closely as possible to your landline (those were the days). Have to say I am completely satisfied. I travel everywhere and use over 5000 mins a month and I can count the dropped calls in last year on one hand. My friends on ATT drop calls every damn time I talk to them. I have no idea how they can stand for that ****. Granted it is all about where you specifically are located but for me I cant say enough about TMO...not to mention the pricing is hard to beat. Also nice to be able to get customer service rep on phone when you need them and not some frigging menu tree.

Hows ft Myers.....on my way there now...for 2 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by smullins View Post
    Im in South FLA and have had TMO for 16 YEARS!!! Started when they were OMNIPOINT and you could literally pick your numbers to match up as closely as possible to your landline (those were the days). Have to say I am completely satisfied. I travel everywhere and use over 5000 mins a month and I can count the dropped calls in last year on one hand. My friends on ATT drop calls every damn time I talk to them. I have no idea how they can stand for that ****. Granted it is all about where you specifically are located but for me I cant say enough about TMO...not to mention the pricing is hard to beat. Also nice to be able to get customer service rep on phone when you need them and not some frigging menu tree.

in the Indianapolis area and my service is great

Chicago Suburbs and the only problem I have is when I am inside otherwise I have a very good 3G signal at all times. At home I dont mind becuase I have wifi but at work well I have to step outside to be able to get 3G. Overall I am happy with Tmobile and hopefully they can fix the indoor stuff.

Poor Coverage in St. Joseph, Missouri - Land of the GPRS

Just got back from a trip to St. Joseph, Missouri. Really horrible coverage the entire time. Very rarely had 3G and only occasionally had EDGE, even though T-Mobile shows the entire town in EDGE coverage. As a result, I was on GPRS (G) most of the time. Often times this was not even available. Cell service was frequently lost but typically 2-3 bars.

I switched from Sprint and assumed I would only get 3G in major areas, but that I would have EDGE most of the time. I also thought the phone would roam to AT&T or Verizon EDGE, I guess not.... It didn't even appear to roam for cell coverage. I did turn on Data Roaming, even though I believe it's only for international roaming, and it had no effect.

Am I missing something obvious on this roaming business??

Atlanta GA. Full bars but very slow 3g speeds. Not even half a megabyte.

Downtown Chicago

Downtown Chicago while walking / driving around the loop, typically 3G though speeds drop to near zero sometimes. After I move position it will usually pick back up, so I am guessing the buildings are causing problems. Not sure why they would neglect 100% coverage 100% of the time in downtown Chicago... I also get spotty 3G in my building at 303 East Wacker Drive on the 6th floor. It's usually 3G but often times doesn't connect. A few minutes later and it'll be working.

If 3G speeds drop below EDGE speeds, it doesn't appear that the phone will switch to EDGE. Guess it's standard practice only to switch to EDGE if there is no 3G service at all?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links