Family Plan with the Nexus One

This is a discussion on Family Plan with the Nexus One within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by MS3Jon I just switched from AT&T to T-Mobile, my contract with AT&T expired. I was able to purchase on N1 for $179 ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Family Plan with the Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by MS3Jon View Post
    I just switched from AT&T to T-Mobile, my contract with AT&T expired. I was able to purchase on N1 for $179 with the 2yr contract, but had to purchase the 2nd N1 for full price from google. They (google) would not let me get two for $179 without having 2 separate contracts. However, I am on a family plan with 2 N1's now. Just sucks that I had to pay full price for the 2nd one.
    Like Fuse said, you would have been better off buying both phones and going on an even more plus plan. Let's figure you went unlmited talk-text-web for your family plan

with contract
    179+529 for the phones
    99.99/month talk
    30+30/month for data
    20/month for text
    = $5004.00 + taxes for you total out of pocket expenses over your two year contract

Without Contract
    529+529 for the phones
    139.99/month for everything plan related
    = $4417.76 + taxes for total out of pocket expenses over the same two years

-> so to sum up, to save 350 bucks up front, you felt OK about paying nearly 600 bucks more for your entire 2-year package? The 600 bucks is a healthy savings and reason enough on its own, but you also don't have to deal with being under contract

I just switched from AT&T to T-Mobile, my contract with AT&T expired. I was able to purchase on N1 for $179 with the 2yr contract, but had to purchase the 2nd N1 for full price from google. They (google) would not let me get two for $179 without having 2 separate contracts. However, I am on a family plan with 2 N1's now. Just sucks that I had to pay full price for the 2nd one.
    you could have opened to seperate plans each on two year contract, then called tmobile and ombined them into a family plan with no fees from google or tmobile. thats what i did

Quote Originally Posted by johnny cizzle View Post
    you could have opened to seperate plans each on two year contract, then called tmobile and ombined them into a family plan with no fees from google or tmobile. thats what i did
    Be VARY carefull about how you do this..... If you do this within 120 days of activation of the subsidized phones, you very well could be charged back for the full price of the phones. By combining them into a family plan within 120 days, you are breaching your contract with google

Quote Originally Posted by Zivman View Post
    Be VARY carefull about how you do this..... If you do this within 120 days of activation of the subsidized phones, you very well could be charged back for the full price of the phones. By combining them into a family plan within 120 days, you are breaching your contract with google
    not true. i talked to google before doing this. it has to be an even more plan not a plus plan, and you cant change your data

Quote Originally Posted by Zivman View Post
    not true. i talked to google before doing this. it has to be an even more plan not a plus plan, and you cant change your data
    tht would be news to me. talked to multiple people about this. Everyone said that if you switch over to a family plan you could be subject to a chargeback for the full price of the phone - if done within the first 120 days.

Regardless, it is a rip-off to buy the subsidized phone when you consider total cost of ownership

I am looking to do the exact same thing... Can I verify that you were able to actually do this?

Quote Originally Posted by beggleston View Post
    I am looking to do the exact same thing... Can I verify that you were able to actually do this?
    Yes, you can have two N1's on a family plan. I do right now.

I am curious, I am not saying I dont believe you, I just want to make sure that I fully understand...

You purchased two N1's from google by signing up for 2 individual N1 plans and then merged them into a family account? If so, did you do this within the first 120 days?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beggleston View Post
    I am curious, I am not saying I dont believe you, I just want to make sure that I fully understand...

You purchased two N1's from google by signing up for 2 individual N1 plans and then merged them into a family account? If so, did you do this within the first 120 days?

Thanks
    No, I purchased one with a two year agreement and one at full price, then had them put on a family plan.

I assume you merged them within the first 120 days

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links