Questions about T-mobile and Sim card

This is a discussion on Questions about T-mobile and Sim card within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Hello all, this is only my second post but I've been lurking for the past few days. Here's my situation, I signed up with T-mobile, ...

Thread: Questions about T-mobile and Sim card

Questions about T-mobile and Sim card

Hello all, this is only my second post but I've been lurking for the past few days.

Here's my situation, I signed up with T-mobile, transferring from Verizon; on 1/19/2010 and got a MyTouch 3G with a two yr. contract. I have since purchased the N1.

I was told that I could return the MY3G - since I'm still in the 14 day window - and cancel my contract, then re-activate it with a new plan (better IMO) with the N1.

I don't know much about sim cards but, from my understanding is that they retain the number I had when I ported it over from Verizon. This is very important because it's my business number.

My question is, even though I will be canceling my contract - for a brief period - the phone number still remains with the sim card, correct? I assume this is why they check if your number is available when you sign up.

I'm expecting to get the N1 next week and will try to do this all at once and as smoothly as possible.

Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I would have asked Verizon how you could have backed up those numbers where you could have accessed it some other way online. I would ask T-Mobile if the same Sim card will work. I would start either writing this stuff done now or you will be out of luck later.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnnee View Post
    I would have asked Verizon how you could have backed up those numbers where you could have accessed it some other way online. I would ask T-Mobile if the same Sim card will work. I would start either writing this stuff done now or you will be out of luck later.
    I talked to someone at T-mobile and they said I could use the same sim card, thanks for the reply. I also googled it, and read all about it.

When I ported my MetroPCS number over to T Mobile for my Nexus One.

They said it would happen 'in a few hours', ended up taking 3 days and about four
    phone calls.

If you port over a phone number make SURE you have the account number
    for your old carrier.

You also will lose any messages stored in your old voicemail system.

Plan on having No Phone Service for a few days to be safe.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links