t-mobile data cap & roaming, explained

This is a discussion on t-mobile data cap & roaming, explained within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; so i just called tmobile and i thought id share this info. im traveling to a zip code that shows no tmobile coverage on the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: t-mobile data cap & roaming, explained

t-mobile data cap & roaming, explained

so i just called tmobile and i thought id share this info.

im traveling to a zip code that shows no tmobile coverage on the tmobile map. i asked the tmobile rep what happens..

they told me all roaming is free. they say if i roam that my phone may say at&t or verizon on the screen because im using their tower but there is no charge $$ to me because ALL roaming in the USA is free and included with tmobile. (my nexus one plan, and all the nexus one plans are the same so if you have a nexus one, this means YOUR plan is free roaming)

then since i want to "tether" my 3g connection to my laptop i wanted to know if the "unlimited data plan" had a data cap in the fine print... like "unlimited data" really means 5GB/month max. but i did not want to mention the tethering to the tmobile rep so i said this... can i use the **** out of my data plan by watching a whole mess of youtube videos and taking videos with my camera and uploading them to youtube. i then simply asked is there a "cap" in the fine print?

they answered.. there is no cap in the fine print, we say UNLIMITED and we mean UNLIMITED. they then told me i could literally watch youtube videos every hour of the day for every day of the month (way more than 5GB) and i would be perfectly fine.

looks like i might become a tethering user...
    JDEPRODUCTIONS.COM - AN ONGOING COLLECTION OF EVERYTHING THAT PREVENTS ME FROM BEING A PRODUCTIVE MEMBER OF SOCIETY

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Good to know. Thank for the update information!

I wouldn't listen to any customer service rep. They are there to mainly listen and take payments. They will tell you anything to make you happy. "and that's any company"

it is truly unlimited. this was an issue when the g1 first came out. and long story short they made the plans fully unlimited

Quote Originally Posted by dallasfever View Post
    I wouldn't listen to any customer service rep. They are there to mainly listen and take payments. They will tell you anything to make you happy. "and that's any company"

CSR's do far more than listen and take payments.

Although, I guess you could try troubleshooting your own phone issues with customer care on the phone if you REALLY wanted to.

Try getting the correct network provisions on an unlocked iPhone?

Loading new blackberry upgrade software?

You're right, CSR's don't do much at all, do they?

Quote Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post

Although, I guess you could try troubleshooting your own phone issues with customer care on the phone if you REALLY wanted to.

Sorry CSR, its getting late might want to go to bed so you will be ready for those calls in the morning! Oh your probably still at work..Either way keep your call handle time down for me!

Quote Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post

Sorry CSR, its getting late might want to go to bed so you will be ready for those calls in the morning! Oh your probably still at work..Either way keep your call handle time down for me!

Ignorance is bliss, isn't it?

I'm not a call center based CSR, I am one that you deal with on a face to face basis.

You know, when you have a problem that you can't seem to find out the answer for?

I'm the one you come see.

:rofl3:

Quote Originally Posted by jdeproductions View Post
    so i just called tmobile and i thought id share this info.

im traveling to a zip code that shows no tmobile coverage on the tmobile map. i asked the tmobile rep what happens..

they told me all roaming is free. they say if i roam that my phone may say at&t or verizon on the screen because im using their tower but there is no charge $$ to me because ALL roaming in the USA is free and included with tmobile. (my nexus one plan, and all the nexus one plans are the same so if you have a nexus one, this means YOUR plan is free roaming)

then since i want to "tether" my 3g connection to my laptop i wanted to know if the "unlimited data plan" had a data cap in the fine print... like "unlimited data" really means 5GB/month max. but i did not want to mention the tethering to the tmobile rep so i said this... can i use the **** out of my data plan by watching a whole mess of youtube videos and taking videos with my camera and uploading them to youtube. i then simply asked is there a "cap" in the fine print?

they answered.. there is no cap in the fine print, we say UNLIMITED and we mean UNLIMITED. they then told me i could literally watch youtube videos every hour of the day for every day of the month (way more than 5GB) and i would be perfectly fine.

looks like i might become a tethering user...

this is why t-mo is the best unlimited is UNLIMITED!! Get the nexus one with no contract and get UNLIMITED EVERYTHING (talk text web) for $80...lets see ATT or Verizon do that!!!:rofl3:

But isn't there a problem here? I understand T-Mobile is GSM. So AT&T is ok to roam to because it to is GSM (but you can only connect to their Edge network, not 3G). But Verizon is CDMA, so it seems you won't be able to roam to them?

They have a cap as spelled out in the Terms of service from their site found here: Unsupported Browser

2. Protective Measures
    To provide a good experience for the majority of our customers and minimize capacity issues and degradation in network performance, we may take measures including temporarily reducing data throughput for a subset of customers who use a disproportionate amount of bandwidth; if your total usage exceeds 10GB (amount is subject to change; please periodically check T-Mobile.com for updates) during a billing cycle, we may reduce your data speed for the remainder of that billing cycle. We may also suspend, terminate, or restrict your data session, Plan, or service if you use your Data Plan in a manner that interferes with other customers’ service, our ability to allocate network capacity among customers, or that otherwise may degrade service quality for other customers.
    It is near the bottom. Notice the 10GB cap that could lead to throttling of speed or even termination of service. On the bright side the other providers cap at 5GB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links