Having A Family Plan With the N1

This is a discussion on Having A Family Plan With the N1 within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I have a family plan with my G1 and another line and have a family plan and have a 35 dollar data plan for unlimited ...

Thread: Having A Family Plan With the N1

Having A Family Plan With the N1

I have a family plan with my G1 and another line and have a family plan and have a 35 dollar data plan for unlimited texting + web, and i called Tmobile and they told me as long as i stay with a Even More then i can keep my current plan and i wont have to get on the 80 dollar N1 plan.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

From my understanding, if you buy the subsidized phone, you need to have it on the $80 individual plan.... changing it over to a family plan within 120 days of activation will subject you to paying full price for the phone.

To keep your current plan, you need to buy the phone outright at full price.... when doing this, you might as well move over to an even more plus and save money on your plan. Of course this all depends on your current situation and if you are under contract.

ah this **** is so unoraganized its pissing the fuk outta me. Yesterday i spoke to a TM person and they told me as long as I have a data plan with the N1 then it should be fine and i can keep it on my family plan.

today i speak with them and they tell me I need a 80 dollar plan for 4 months if i get it at the subsidized price and that they dont require it but if google finds out that you changed your plan then they'll charge you for the rest of the price?

wtf? they told me that they dont know how google would find out but just if they do they'll charge me the rest of the price of the phone..

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/t...html#post11393

and people like him also did it? is Google just scaring us?

Quote Originally Posted by astros148 View Post
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/t...html#post11393

and people like him also did it? is Google just scaring us?
    That was only 5 days ago..... I wold be leary of it. He might see the charge back in a 30 days or so. I have no doubt you can change to a family plan, but think you could easily get charged the full price for the phone if you do so.

I discussed this with a T-mobile rep on the phone and he seemed to be very informed about the plans as they related to the google phone. I then went instore and discussed with a person. The person in store pretty much told me the same thing. When I asked about getting a subsidized phone and bringing it to a family plan he kind of took a deep breath and said, well, ummmmm, you 'could' get charged back for the full price of the phone. Does this mean you will??? maybe, maybe not, but you 'could'

To go further, are you under contract? IMHO it is better just to buy the phones outright. I priced it out and it is saving me money after 10 months of service

Quote Originally Posted by Zivman View Post
    To go further, are you under contract? IMHO it is better just to buy the phones outright. I priced it out and it is saving me money after 10 months of service
    yup im under contract but my mom just finished her 2 yrs and wants to re sign a two year under my family plan which includes my sister and I

this is a ****ing pain in the ass, no one knows really anything, google is phucking over alotta ppl

now what im forced to do is get a blackberry bold 9700 off amazon for 50 bucks

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-Bold-9700-Phone-T-Mobile/dp/B002VWJZ42]Amazon.com: BlackBerry Bold 9700 Phone (T-Mobile): Cell Phones & Service[/ame]

then sell it on ebay for 450'ish

then use that 400 bucks on a unlocked N1 and it actually comes out cheaper... not that bad.

"Price: $49.99 (with new service plan)"

You'd still need to sign a contract for the BB.
    How will that help you?

Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    "Price: $49.99 (with new service plan)"

You'd still need to sign a contract for the BB.
    How will that help you?
    i called Tmobile up and they said if i sign a BB contract i can cancel it as long as i keep my 2 yr contract intact

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links