Picture messaging on t-mobile

This is a discussion on Picture messaging on t-mobile within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I bought my Nexus One for full retail / unlocked. I have the even more plus plan with unlimited everything for $79.99 and no contract ...

Thread: Picture messaging on t-mobile

Unhappy Picture messaging on t-mobile

I bought my Nexus One for full retail / unlocked. I have the even more plus plan with unlimited everything for $79.99 and no contract with T-Mobile. I am able to send picture messages but only if the picture was taken with the 2 or 3 megapixel setting. If I try to send a 5 megapixel picture it just stays in sending status. I am in a T-mobile area that only supports edge at this time. Has anyone else experienced this? Do you think it may be the network seeing as it is not 3G? I used to work in the cellular industry and I do not think I am that slow in these matters. I really think it must be that T-Mo may be choking the network or maybe there is a setting issue I am unaware of?

:nexusx:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

IMO it's the EDGE network speed. I would go down to a Starbucks (usually a 3G/wifi hotspot) and try there to confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    IMO it's the EDGE network speed. I would go down to a Starbucks (usually a 3G/wifi hotspot) and try there to confirm.
    I have wifi at my house but it is the same issue.

I was told that picture messages can only be send over your carrier's data network. If that being said is true then being under Wi-Fi wouldn't help.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links