Jumped in with both feet...

This is a discussion on Jumped in with both feet... within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by number 9 Originally Posted by cabinets As I have posted on other threads, I gave up my iPhone 3gs (twice) for the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jumped in with both feet...

Quote Originally Posted by number 9 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cabinets View Post
    As I have posted on other threads, I gave up my iPhone 3gs (twice) for the N1. Well, as of today, I figured I'd make it official and moved from ATT to T-Mobile. So far so good. No 3g issues at all (Alpharetta Ga). Any metro ATL users with any feedback on N1/TMO? I know I should have asked prior. I know a few tmo users who are satisfied.
    I was just in Alpharetta a few weeks ago. I was all around the metro area with my N1 and didn't see any problems, the T-Mo network rocks there. Highest speeds I saw were 2mbps in College Park, inside a hotel room no less...
    Thank you. Good news.

Quote Originally Posted by kcs7272 View Post
    There will be no termination fee from T-mobile if it is within 14 days and Google will charge you another $150 for the phone. In effect you will then have paid $329 for the phone
    Is this confirmed for T-Mobile in the US? I'm seriously considering dropping AT&T and making the switch if so.

[quote=ScottyPimpin;20796]
    Quote Originally Posted by cabinets View Post
    There will be no termination fee from T-mobile if it is within 14 days and Google will charge you another $150 for the phone. In effect you will then have paid $329 for the phone
    Is this confirmed for T-Mobile in the US? I'm seriously considering dropping AT&T and making the switch if so.

That is not my quote. I'm not saying it's correct or incorrect...just not mine. How was this attributed to me?

Just got off the phone with a guy at T-Mobile. According to him if I bring my own phone to t-mobile to try their service, they give the customer a 20 day grace period in the state of Virginia. If canceled with in the 20 days there is NO ETF.

Buying the phone through google with the tmobile contract your not actually buying the phone through tmobile. In fact it's no different then taking a phone out of your pocket and starting a tmobile plan with it. So the guy i quoted above is correct, google will charge you the $150 EFR but tmobile will NOT because your with in the 20 day grace period of trying their network. If you don't like it your free to leave.

The guy i talked to over the phone also verified the $40 a month unlimited data plan, so everything is looking very promising.

Google Checkout
    If you cancel or downgrade your T-Mobile service within 120 days of activation, you will be charged an Equipment Recovery Fee of US$150.00.
    More information about the Equipment Recovery Fee can be found in the Terms of Sale. You authorize Google to charge this amount to your credit card if you cancel or downgrade your service plan within the 120 day period. If you qualify, you may be able to avoid this Equipment Recovery Fee by either reactivating your service plan or returning the handset for a refund minus a restocking fee. Phone returns are accepted only during the return period set out in the Return Policy and only for phones that have not been engraved with a personal message. Returning the phone does not cancel your T-Mobile contract and you may also be subject to early termination fees based on that agreement.

[quote=cabinets;20800]
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyPimpin View Post

That is not my quote. I'm not saying it's correct or incorrect...just not mine. How was this attributed to me?
    sorry about that, i screwed up editing the post when i did the quote. I fixed it.

No problem at all. Just found it curious.

How can service in a place called Alpharetta be so good, when it's terrible in a city like New Orleans. I'm starting to think it's not T-Mo though, but the phone itself. A friend of mine has no problems and he's been a T-mo subbie for years.

I hope it truly is a software problem and not a hardware issue.

Quote Originally Posted by gregg37 View Post
    How can service in a place called Alpharetta be so good, when it's terrible in a city like New Orleans. I'm starting to think it's not T-Mo though, but the phone itself. A friend of mine has no problems and he's been a T-mo subbie for years.

I hope it truly is a software problem and not a hardware issue.
    Well it can't be hardware.. I canceled the t-mobile service and put in my at&t sim. I get full bars on edge everywhere. T-mobile has always been shady in my area, I don't get it because i'm 10 miles from washington DC!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links