Jumped in with both feet...

This is a discussion on Jumped in with both feet... within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; As I have posted on other threads, I gave up my iPhone 3gs (twice) for the N1. Well, as of today, I figured I'd make ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jumped in with both feet...

Jumped in with both feet...

As I have posted on other threads, I gave up my iPhone 3gs (twice) for the N1. Well, as of today, I figured I'd make it official and moved from ATT to T-Mobile. So far so good. No 3g issues at all (Alpharetta Ga). Any metro ATL users with any feedback on N1/TMO? I know I should have asked prior. I know a few tmo users who are satisfied.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by cabinets View Post
    As I have posted on other threads, I gave up my iPhone 3gs (twice) for the N1. Well, as of today, I figured I'd make it official and moved from ATT to T-Mobile. So far so good. No 3g issues at all (Alpharetta Ga). Any metro ATL users with any feedback on N1/TMO? I know I should have asked prior. I know a few tmo users who are satisfied.
    I bought the device unsubsidized did you? If so I went with the Even More Plus Unlimited Everything plan for $79.99 and no contract. I suggest you do the same, you really can't beat it! They will try to charge you an extra $5 a month but if you sign up for "easy pay" direct debit they will waive that fee. If you did get it subsidized on contract just cancel your contract ASAP. There will be no termination fee from T-mobile if it is within 14 days and Google will charge you another $150 for the phone. In effect you will then have paid $329 for the phone as opposed to the $529 + tax I paid and you can switch to the plan I mentioned.

Same...bought the phone outright for $529.00, and am on the $79.00 no contract evrything unlimited plan. No $5 add-on btw. They never mentioned it. What is not so good is I get very little reception at my home (even though according to tmo I'm in the heart of their strongest 3g area. It's only been a few hours so perhaps it needs to fully provision.

If you stay with TMO where is the benefit?

Because I'm holding off on buying the N1 until it's offered on Verizon, I'm wondering what the benefit is of purchasing the phone subsidized, canceling the TMO contract and paying the $329 for the phone. I understand that you have the $79 unlimited plan but that's the same price you pay for the subsidized phone plan. I also understand that you aren't under contract but the phone wouldn't be unlocked, right? So you would still have to use TMO network. Am I missing something?

Actually the phone is unlocked no matter how it was purchased.

Really?????

I assumed that the phone was specific to TMO if you purchased it subsidized. Interesting.....now I have options. I don't know why I'm so obsessed with getting this phone. I'm a 50 year old woman, not a tech person at all but I just want this phone!!!! I've been afraid to commit to TMO though.

Quote Originally Posted by rubesly View Post
    I assumed that the phone was specific to TMO if you purchased it subsidized. Interesting.....now I have options. I don't know why I'm so obsessed with getting this phone. I'm a 50 year old woman, not a tech person at all but I just want this phone!!!! I've been afraid to commit to TMO though.
    ya the phone is unlocked either way. unsubsidized is buying the phone out right. Subsidized is buying the phone under contract. either way both unlocked

Ha! I'm 43 and feel the same way. Inexplicable, huh?

Because I'm holding off on buying the N1 until it's offered on Verizon, I'm wondering what the benefit is of purchasing the phone subsidized, canceling the TMO contract and paying the $329 for the phone. I understand that you have the $79 unlimited plan but that's the same price you pay for the subsidized phone plan. I also understand that you aren't under contract but the phone wouldn't be unlocked, right? So you would still have to use TMO network. Am I missing something?
    Actually the unlimited everything plan with T-Mobile is $99 with contract and $79 without.

Quote Originally Posted by cabinets View Post
    I was just in Alpharetta a few weeks ago. I was all around the metro area with my N1 and didn't see any problems, the T-Mo network rocks there. Highest speeds I saw were 2mbps in College Park, inside a hotel room no less...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links