Buying Nexus One With No Data Plan

This is a discussion on Buying Nexus One With No Data Plan within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Hi everyone, I'm planning to buy a nexus one phone without a data plan, will I be charged extra or will I only be paying ...

Thread: Buying Nexus One With No Data Plan

Buying Nexus One With No Data Plan

Hi everyone, I'm planning to buy a nexus one phone without a data plan, will I be charged extra or will I only be paying the 179? I will be signing the two year contract with t-mobile but currently I'm on a family plan with no internet access and I'd like to keep it that way.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Hi, I think you will find that you cannot get a plan from T-mobile on the Nexus One 2 year contract without a data plan. Their unlimited, talk, text and data is 79.99. I elected to purchase my N1 outright and go with the T-Mobile prepaid at $100 for a Thousand minutes which last almost a year for me.

Quote Originally Posted by memoop View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm planning to buy a nexus one phone without a data plan, will I be charged extra or will I only be paying the 179? I will be signing the two year contract with t-mobile but currently I'm on a family plan with no internet access and I'd like to keep it that way.
    That's correct. T-mobile will give you some bogus like it is Google's stipulation that if you buy it subsidized that you must maintain the plan with data for 2 years. If you want to not use data, then you have to buy it full retail. Does the phone work without data? It won't sync with your Google account, but will you lose your contact info that's linked to your google account? Does anyone know?

imo getting this phone without a data plan is like buying a car and not ever putting gas in it. you loose The full experience of what the phone was meant to be

Quote Originally Posted by supsandroid View Post
    imo getting this phone without a data plan is like buying a car and not ever putting gas in it. you loose The full experience of what the phone was meant to be
    So true...

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    Hi, I think you will find that you cannot get a plan from T-mobile on the Nexus One 2 year contract without a data plan. Their unlimited, talk, text and data is 79.99. I elected to purchase my N1 outright and go with the T-Mobile prepaid at $100 for a Thousand minutes which last almost a year for me.
    I did the same.I got the 49.99 plan 1000 min. And free text and added the android service later once I received the cell.the plan is a month to month plan no 2 yr contract

Now I need to add the insurance for the phone..can I call T-Mobile or have to go to a T-Mobile. Store?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links