is anyone using Nexus with Tzones data

This is a discussion on is anyone using Nexus with Tzones data within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; ok i bought a T-Mobile activated Nexus One and it works great on my grandfathered $5.99 Tzones plan... at the top it switches randomly from ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: is anyone using Nexus with Tzones data

ok i bought a T-Mobile activated Nexus One and it works great on my grandfathered $5.99 Tzones plan...

at the top it switches randomly from "3G" to "H" while im using data.

So im guessing no one has gotten caught yet?
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by aznp929 View Post
    btw, I'm with tmo more than 10yrs and same phone no#,
    I have 4 phone fimily plan, one line still use ipone / unli-web, internet and mms still work fine.
    only my n1 got blocked.
    hi, i was curious... does this mean that the n1 device it self was blocked from internet or the line? meaning the sim card was no longer able to get internet on either iphone or n1 without internet upgrade? thanks!

thats weird... her's my situation:
    - was using an unlocked iphone 2G witht eh tzones hack (wap.voicestream) getting EDGE - the $5 plan
    - upgrded to the mytouch3G and tried the hack... it worked for 1 day and then i got the upgrade message
    - upgraded to the nexus and tzones worked right out of the box (no hack or anything using epc.tzones) and getting full 3G/HSDPA
    - i never contacted tmobile about anything

Quote Originally Posted by norazi View Post
    - was using an unlocked iphone 2G witht eh tzones hack (wap.voicestream) getting EDGE - the $5 plan
    - upgrded to the mytouch3G and tried the hack... it worked for 1 day and then i got the upgrade message
    - upgraded to the nexus and tzones worked right out of the box (no hack or anything using epc.tzones) and getting full 3G/HSDPA
    Hello.

My tzones worked right out of the box too, but it won't update the phone. No matter what the phone won't update OTA to 2.1update1.

Did you have the same problem, or did you get OTA pinch-to-zoom update 2.1update1 over Tzones?

please help tzones users! (my wifi is active and still not getting the update...)

Quote Originally Posted by Rome View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by norazi View Post
    Hello.

My tzones worked right out of the box too, but it won't update the phone. No matter what the phone won't update OTA to 2.1update1.

Did you have the same problem, or did you get OTA pinch-to-zoom update 2.1update1 over Tzones?

please help tzones users! (my wifi is active and still not getting the update...)
    Rome..try removing your SIM, reboot, connect to wifi only (airplane mode, turn on wifi only), and see if that works. G'Luck!

This is working for me too.

I had an iPhone 2G with T-Zones, bought a T-Mo Nexus on eBay and threw my sim card in, updated the APN settings (cant find the link now, it was on the google/nexus one help page forum thing) and I am getting full 3G with speeds in the 3-4 Mbps range in ATL GA, VERY very fast 3G. I just got the phone today so maybe they will "catch me" after I use the 3G for a while but so far I'm good :D

Do you think t-mobile will just charge me a bunch of overage fees for using 3G like this? Or will I just get the "Upgrade required" message? Cause right now I dont get any error messages at all...

No you shouldn't get overages. I wouldn't use like 10gigs of data or anything to cause alarm...but normal data usage should be fine.

There are so few Tzoners its not worth bothering us. I also think TMo knows if they ever cut tzones rates for the grandfathered people we will all leave Tmo anyways.

Enjoy your nexus, I absolutely love mine.

thats good to hear. I love the n1 already!! so much better than my 2G iphone

Is there anyway I can routinely check my data useage? so I know how many gb's ive used so far? is there an app or something?

Quote Originally Posted by wannagotopopeyes View Post
    thats good to hear. I love the n1 already!! so much better than my 2G iphone

Is there anyway I can routinely check my data useage? so I know how many gb's ive used so far? is there an app or something?
    Yep...get NetCounter from the market. It'll track your cell and wifi usage for you.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links