What kind of 3G (or Edge) speeds are you getting on T-Mobile?

This is a discussion on What kind of 3G (or Edge) speeds are you getting on T-Mobile? within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I called Tmobile and told them i need some type of compensation. I live in Dallas TX and all of a sudden i am getting ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What kind of 3G (or Edge) speeds are you getting on T-Mobile?

I called Tmobile and told them i need some type of compensation. I live in Dallas TX and all of a sudden i am getting Edge speeds everywhere not just inside. They gave me the excuse they don't promise High Speed Internet...WTF! They said since i am not a customer of 10 + yrs that they wouldn't be able to compensate me. So i will be writing there Corporate office. Cant wait till Verizon and Sprint jump on! I cant stand going in a building and knowing it will change to Edge if its not already on Edge!

Good move dallas. Keep it up. Not sure how it is near you, but here in New Orleans T-Mobile customers do fine on 3G, it's just the Nexus that is failing. Just make sure you're barking up the right trees! (though I agree that it is important to bring T-Mo into this discussion.)

Speed on 3G T-Mobile Austria/Vienna

3G / Austria / Vienna / T-Mobile

up / down

1411 / 2062
    1545 / 1907
    1105 / 1305

ping 102-120

Quote Originally Posted by wmm View Post
    In my area (Metrowest area of Massachusetts, suburbs about 20-25 miles west of Boston) I'm averaging about 950 kbps down, 380 kbps up. I'd like more, but it's okay.
    WMM - northwest or southwest? Most of my time is spent in the 495 belt and east from foxboro up to Lawrence and north to Nashua and occasionally out 290 to Worcester. I live at the intersection of 495 and rt 2. What sort of service can I expect?

Do you ever get any dropped calls?

I had Sprint years ago and got dropped calls all the time. I'm on Verizon now and very very rarely get dropped (just had one Sunday on the way to the Cape on 495 about 20 minutes from the Bourne bridge, but I can't think of any others). But I'm thinking of switching to T-Mo on the basis of price, but depend on my phone for business when on the road.

wmm
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    WMM - northwest or southwest? Most of my time is spent in the 495 belt and east from foxboro up to Lawrence and north to Nashua and occasionally out 290 to Worcester. I live at the intersection of 495 and rt 2. What sort of service can I expect?

Do you ever get any dropped calls?
    I travel a lot less than you, but FWIW my experience has been good. I live in Sudbury, and most of my usage has been in Acton, Maynard, Sudbury, Hudson, Marlborough, and Framingham. I get 3G nearly everywhere in that area with the exception of a few places in Hudson, and I don't think I've had a dropped call in the two months I've had my Nexus One.

Dublin, OH
    3G

Download: 544.2kbit/s
    Upload: 135.6kbit/s

this can only work if we're using the exact same app to test. i tried three test, and got three very different results from each
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

998 down
    820 up

Hey Greg where are u in the N.O. because I get around .548 dl in metairie and around 470 at work in the MAF facility. So is it the phone or tmo?

I get about 12kbps/15kbps in Ardmore, Ok. Kind of saddens me how everyone around has 3G on their AT&T phones and I"m stuck with G. Makes Dialup internet from 10 years ago seem awesomely fast.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links