configuring N1 with tmo's $10 unlimited web for phone service

This is a discussion on configuring N1 with tmo's $10 unlimited web for phone service within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I just tried this today... I elected the razor as my phone... I elected the 9.99 unlimited web.. from the t-mobile website..... I configured all ...

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: configuring N1 with tmo's $10 unlimited web for phone service

I just tried this today... I elected the razor as my phone... I elected the 9.99 unlimited web.. from the t-mobile website..... I configured all the settings as intructed adding the 2 new APN while deleting my old.. I turned off my wi-fi.... The 3g connected on my phone...

Does this mean it worked?? Or will i be incurring data charges??? I do know anybody can acces 3g on there phone without a data plan, but with a hefty price...

Any advice is taken from a new N1 owner

If you've elected the 9.99 unlimited internet plan and configured you phone as per my instructions then you're all good to go. My bills do not show any extra charges even with Pandora playing all day long

You T-mobile guys are lucky! Rogers in Canada would never let anyone get away with this!

tmobile doesn't let me change to a phone I'm not using on mytmobile. If I put it as the RAZR it just stays as my phone(which isn't smartphone so I can still order the $10 plan). If I put the sim card in my sidekick it shows as a sidekick on the site.

They obviously can tell what phone I'm using so do you think this will still work?

Quote Originally Posted by drizzy View Post
    tmobile doesn't let me change to a phone I'm not using on mytmobile. If I put it as the RAZR it just stays as my phone(which isn't smartphone so I can still order the $10 plan). If I put the sim card in my sidekick it shows as a sidekick on the site.

They obviously can tell what phone I'm using so do you think this will still work?
    Did you try this with the N1? Also, is your N1 the unlocked version? If you have the T-mobile N1 its quite possible that there may be some t-mobile custom coding in the OS that makes the phone detectable to them. I bought my N1 at full price, unlocked and my TMo account has a RAZR as my default phone. The sidekick probably shows up due to the same reason stated above.

I guess you won't know until you try...

Having trouble getting this to work on my Nexus One. I got it off eBay (FYI).

Phone is stock, not rooted. I added the 9.99 unlimited web for phones on T-Mobile.com website, with a non smart phone selected. On my old non-smartphone I tried using the internet and it gave network error, I called in to ask why the internet wasn't working and the rep, did some stuff told me to turn off my phone, and then they deleted and re-added my phone to the network, told me to turn my phone back on and the t-zones internet was working on my old phone.

However I put the sim in my Nexus one, change the APN settings, and it won't connect to the internet, the 3G symbol never comes up in the top bar, I have rebooted the phone... not sure what else I can try.

Do you think this has something to do with T-Mobile needing to "add" this phone to be allowed to connect to the network before it will let me? Should I call them and ask them why my non-smartphone isn't able to connect to the internet again?

Could it have to do with this phone being registered on their network with the previous user...?

Note:

If I use wap.voicestream.com, or epc.tmobile.com, i get the 3G symbol on the top bar, but it gives the error in the browser "Subscription Upgrade Required".

If I try internet2.voicestream.com, or internet3.voicestream.com, no 3G symbol or connection to the internet.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by quick View Post
    Having trouble getting this to work on my Nexus One. I got it off eBay (FYI).

Phone is stock, not rooted. I added the 9.99 unlimited web for phones on T-Mobile.com website, with a non smart phone selected. On my old non-smartphone I tried using the internet and it gave network error, I called in to ask why the internet wasn't working and the rep, did some stuff told me to turn off my phone, and then they deleted and re-added my phone to the network, told me to turn my phone back on and the t-zones internet was working on my old phone.

However I put the sim in my Nexus one, change the APN settings, and it won't connect to the internet, the 3G symbol never comes up in the top bar, I have rebooted the phone... not sure what else I can try.

Do you think this has something to do with T-Mobile needing to "add" this phone to be allowed to connect to the network before it will let me? Should I call them and ask them why my non-smartphone isn't able to connect to the internet again?

Could it have to do with this phone being registered on their network with the previous user...?

Note:

If I use wap.voicestream.com, or epc.tmobile.com, i get the 3G symbol on the top bar, but it gives the error in the browser "Subscription Upgrade Required".

If I try internet2.voicestream.com, or internet3.voicestream.com, no 3G symbol or connection to the internet.

Thanks
    Did you follow the instructions in post # 15?

Did you follow the instructions in post # 15?

Yes, (internet2.voicestream.com) 3G will not come up on the top bar with those settings, if I load a page it says no connection in the browser.

If I use wap.voicestream.com i get the "web2go" message in the browser, saying "Subscription Upgrade Required, your current plan is not compatible with this device...etc

If I use the default APN, i get the same message as well.

I don't know why this did not work for you. The only thing that comes to mind is that perhaps your phone is a T-Mo N1 that was unlocked. I hope you bought your phone from a trustworthy seller. I guess your only other option will be to try your luck and call TMo with the sim card in the N1. You might also want to call HTC and confirm that your phone is indeed a factory unlocked version. I don't know how much you paid for the phone and if this would be worth your time. You will have to decide that

Sorry I couldn't be of much help.

Quote Originally Posted by macwanj View Post
    I don't know why this did not work for you. The only thing that comes to mind is that perhaps your phone is a T-Mo N1 that was unlocked. I hope you bought your phone from a trustworthy seller. I guess your only other option will be to try your luck and call TMo with the sim card in the N1. You might also want to call HTC and confirm that your phone is indeed a factory unlocked version. I don't know how much you paid for the phone and if this would be worth your time. You will have to decide that

Sorry I couldn't be of much help.
    Thanks for your reply. What would be the difference between a T-Mobile subsidized Nexus One, vs the Full price Nexus one? I thought they are the same pretty much, both unlocked etc...?

Seller seems legit, said it was "unlocked" Nexus one that works with T-Mobile 3G etc...

I'm thinking maybe it has something to do with the plan I selected on the website, its called "Unlimited Web for Phones", doesn't mention T-Zones...?

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links