configuring N1 with tmo's $10 unlimited web for phone service

This is a discussion on configuring N1 with tmo's $10 unlimited web for phone service within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by quick Originally Posted by macwanj I don't know why this did not work for you. The only thing that comes to mind ...

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: configuring N1 with tmo's $10 unlimited web for phone service

Quote Originally Posted by quick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by macwanj View Post
    I don't know why this did not work for you. The only thing that comes to mind is that perhaps your phone is a T-Mo N1 that was unlocked. I hope you bought your phone from a trustworthy seller. I guess your only other option will be to try your luck and call TMo with the sim card in the N1. You might also want to call HTC and confirm that your phone is indeed a factory unlocked version. I don't know how much you paid for the phone and if this would be worth your time. You will have to decide that

Sorry I couldn't be of much help.
    Thanks for your reply. What would be the difference between a T-Mobile subsidized Nexus One, vs the Full price Nexus one? I thought they are the same pretty much, both unlocked etc...?

Seller seems legit, said it was "unlocked" Nexus one that works with T-Mobile 3G etc...

I'm thinking maybe it has something to do with the plan I selected on the website, its called "Unlimited Web for Phones", doesn't mention T-Zones...?
    The $9.99 unlimited web for phones is the plan that I'm currently on and the setup in post 15 works for me. I am no expert by any means but from what I understand, the subsidized N1 may have additional modifications to the operating system that enables T-Mo to have greater control over your phone. You could call HTC to find out for sure....

I don't know why this did not work for you. The only thing that comes to mind is that perhaps your phone is a T-Mo N1 that was unlocked. I hope you bought your phone from a trustworthy seller. I guess your only other option will be to try your luck and call TMo with the sim card in the N1. You might also want to call HTC and confirm that your phone is indeed a factory unlocked version. I don't know how much you paid for the phone and if this would be worth your time. You will have to decide that

Sorry I couldn't be of much help.
    Thanks for your reply. What would be the difference between a T-Mobile subsidized Nexus One, vs the Full price Nexus one? I thought they are the same pretty much, both unlocked etc...?

Seller seems legit, said it was "unlocked" Nexus one that works with T-Mobile 3G etc...

I'm thinking maybe it has something to do with the plan I selected on the website, its called "Unlimited Web for Phones", doesn't mention T-Zones...?
    The $9.99 unlimited web for phones is the plan that I'm currently on and the setup in post 15 works for me. I am no expert by any means but from what I understand, the subsidized N1 may have additional modifications to the operating system that enables T-Mo to have greater control over your phone. You could call HTC to find out for sure....
    Thanks, I didn't know that. I will give them a call tomorrow.

EDIT:

Called Google support, they were not allowed to tell me if the phone was originally purchased full price or subsidized. I asked if there is any difference in the subsidized version vs. the full price as far as settings, or anything else, they no exact same device, software and settings. I asked if T-mobile somehow registers the subsidized phones IMEI numbers, they said no. Can't really trust all the info is correct. Calling HTC now lets see what they say.

HTC said that the phones are the same, nothing different software/settings wise, exactly identical. I asked if the phone was originally purchased as subsidized phone, or full price phone. The first rep said it was full price, because it did not show t-mobile in her system, it said EXEDEA Inc., which comes up as some HTC related company. However talking to the Nexus one dept, they said there is no way for them to be able to tell if it is subsidized or not, because everything is the same etc..

The only strange thing that I got from the second rep was the the "shipping address" was T-Mobile... What could that mean? Either all T-Mobile 3G Nexus ones show that in their system, or the person that originally bought the phone worked for T-Mobile?

Maybe the previous owner (purchasing full price) added the $30 internet plan on this phone, which T-Mobile has record of in their system of the IMEI, to identify that this is a Nexus one? Thus, why it gets detected with "Subscription Upgrade Required" (using the default APN). However why I cannot connect at all with internet2.voicestream.com... I don't get, its like its blacklisted or something.... ?? I don't even get an 3G symbol, and nothing on the phone can connect to the internet at all.

EDIT2:

I eventually gave up, tried everything... Somehow T-Mobile can tell that this is a smartphone, and is blocking it, maybe its something specific to my area. Anyway I ordered the $30 plan for now... ironically I still can't connect to the internet!! They say it takes up to 24-48 hours for it to start working...?? Bah.

I think I found the answer

New here (signed up to post this actually)

but there are two unlocked N1 versions

per google:

Two versions of the device are currently offered. Both versions support four GSM radio frequencies (850/900/1800/1900), but the supported 3G/UMTS bands will differ depending on the version selected. When ordering, you'll be able to select either of the following devices:

• 3G coverage on networks that use the 850 MHz, 1900 MHz, and 2100 MHz frequency bands (recommended for use on AT&T in the US)
    • 3G coverage on networks that use the 900 MHz, AWS, and 2100 MHz frequency bands (recommended for use on T-Mobile in the US)

In addition, the Nexus One will deliver 2G/EDGE speeds on GSM networks and also supports WiFi.
    These cover most major GSM mobile providers worldwide; however, if you're unsure of the bands supported by your mobile service provider, please contact your provider directly prior to purchase. Also remember that voice and data coverage, including both 2G/EDGE and 3G coverage, are dependent on your specific mobile carrier's network and coverage areas. Check with your mobile carrier about the availability of voice and data services in your area.

In other words you got the one that picks up ATT's 3G is my guess

Doesn't solve your problem but atleast this clears some smoke

Quote Originally Posted by Zlim View Post

per google:

Two versions of the device are currently offered. Both versions support four GSM radio frequencies (850/900/1800/1900), but the supported 3G/UMTS bands will differ depending on the version selected. When ordering, you'll be able to select either of the following devices:

• 3G coverage on networks that use the 850 MHz, 1900 MHz, and 2100 MHz frequency bands (recommended for use on AT&T in the US)
    • 3G coverage on networks that use the 900 MHz, AWS, and 2100 MHz frequency bands (recommended for use on T-Mobile in the US)

In addition, the Nexus One will deliver 2G/EDGE speeds on GSM networks and also supports WiFi.
    These cover most major GSM mobile providers worldwide; however, if you're unsure of the bands supported by your mobile service provider, please contact your provider directly prior to purchase. Also remember that voice and data coverage, including both 2G/EDGE and 3G coverage, are dependent on your specific mobile carrier's network and coverage areas. Check with your mobile carrier about the availability of voice and data services in your area.

Thanks for your reply, i was actually comparing the t mobile versions only. I'm 100% sure that i have a t mobile version of the nexus 1 because i have been able to connect to 3G just not be able to use the browser due to the web2go "subscription upgrade required" page coming up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zlim View Post

per google:

Thanks for your reply, i was actually comparing the t mobile versions only. I'm 100% sure that i have a t mobile version of the nexus 1 because i have been able to connect to 3G just not be able to use the browser due to the web2go "subscription upgrade required" page coming up.

Thanks
    I believe if you root the phone, you should be able to connect to the 9.99 internet plan as it will wipe out any tmobile code from the OS. i'm not sure about this and you may want to ask some of the other guys on this forum. Good luck and enjoy your N1.

Hi everyone Sweet post btw. On to the issue. I have gotten the $10 plan to work, but after I did this I could no longer get updates for the My account app. I'd figure, well lets just switch it back to default apn again to see if its just that problem. Turns out that wasn't the problem, so I didn't really worry about cause I can just check online and just changed my APN back to the modified one. Internet still worked on my N1 no problem and still had all services. Here is where the problem begins. When I log into my tmobile with my number and pass, I get error messages for everything. My plan, data usage, etc. It just says "Sorry, this information is currently unavailable. Please refresh the page or try again in a few minutes." I was wondering, is anyone else having these problems? If not, will I have to call up t mobile and will I have to reset the APNs again?

Thanks a lot macwanj! I just set it up and I hope after 24 hours it would still work :D
    Ok, so for everybody who wants to do this here are the steps.

1.Navigate to the wireless & networks page on the settings menu of the N1.

2.Scroll to the bottom and select Mobile Networks and then Access Point Names

3.Delete all current APN's. Do this by first selecting the APN, touch the N1 settings softbutton and select 'Delete APN'

4. Now lets create a new APN by hitting the button again and then "New APN'

5.The first APN you will create will have these settings:
    Name: T-mobile US
    APN: internet2.voicestream.com
    MCC: 310
    APN Type: default

all other parameters are set to 'not set'

6. Now create another APN with these settings:

Name:T-Mobile US-MMS
    APN: epc.tmobile.com
    MCC:310
    MNC:260
    APN Type:mms

And that should do it. Also this second APN is the default T-mobile modified APN so you could do this one first by having the N1 import the default T-Mo settings first.

Also make sure you have a non smart phone as your default phone on you account page on the T-mo website. I've been using this for about a month now with no problems. Hope this clears things up and enjoy

Hey guys when I'm trying to do this, do I have to do Razr? Can I do Samsung Highlight instead?
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Is it possible to use this unlimited web plan along with a prepaid voice option?

I get the impression that prepaid and plans use different SIMs.

Quote Originally Posted by gothicman02 View Post
    Hi everyone Sweet post btw. On to the issue. I have gotten the $10 plan to work, but after I did this I could no longer get updates for the My account app. I'd figure, well lets just switch it back to default apn again to see if its just that problem. Turns out that wasn't the problem, so I didn't really worry about cause I can just check online and just changed my APN back to the modified one. Internet still worked on my N1 no problem and still had all services. Here is where the problem begins. When I log into my tmobile with my number and pass, I get error messages for everything. My plan, data usage, etc. It just says "Sorry, this information is currently unavailable. Please refresh the page or try again in a few minutes." I was wondering, is anyone else having these problems? If not, will I have to call up t mobile and will I have to reset the APNs again?
    I don't know why this could be. I personally never used this app. I tried it for one day and it worked for me but I decided I didn't need it. I guess if it doesn't work for you then you're going to have to access your tmobile account on a computer. I'd say its a small price to pay for the $10 data plan...

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links