configuring N1 with tmo's $10 unlimited web for phone service

This is a discussion on configuring N1 with tmo's $10 unlimited web for phone service within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by albertg Thanks a lot macwanj! I just set it up and I hope after 24 hours it would still work :D Glad ...

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: configuring N1 with tmo's $10 unlimited web for phone service

Quote Originally Posted by albertg View Post
    Thanks a lot macwanj! I just set it up and I hope after 24 hours it would still work :D
    Glad to see you're enjoying the T-Mo + N1 $10 combo! Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    Hey guys when I'm trying to do this, do I have to do Razr? Can I do Samsung Highlight instead?
    I don't see why not so long as its a non smart phone.

Quote Originally Posted by 0sync0 View Post
    Is it possible to use this unlimited web plan along with a prepaid voice option?

I get the impression that prepaid and plans use different SIMs.
    The plan only works for specific sim cards and is not available as a separate data plan for a prepaid voice option. We're basically cheating

Question

Quote Originally Posted by macwanj View Post
    Thanks a lot macwanj! I just set it up and I hope after 24 hours it would still work :D
    Okay now I have a problem. The 3G works, but only for about 10 minutes. After that the 3G symbol on top disappears, and as if there is no network connection whatsoever. Not even the subscription upgrade needed thingy. I have another APN setting that is an "off" setting and if I switch to that, reset the phone, then put the APN (described in post #15) back, 3G works again. But then again it would only work for about 10 minutes.

Okay now I have a problem. The 3G works, but only for about 10 minutes. After that the 3G symbol on top disappears, and as if there is no network connection whatsoever. Not even the subscription upgrade needed thingy. I have another APN setting that is an "off" setting and if I switch to that, reset the phone, then put the APN (described in post #15) back, 3G works again. But then again it would only work for about 10 minutes.
    Its possible that you might have 3G issues with the N1 in your area. Also, why are you switching the APN setting, resetting the phone and reverting back to the post #15 APN setting? Why not reset without changing the APN's. I think I'm missing something here?

To confirm that you have 3G issues, you could use the default T-Mo APN that gives you the "you need a 3G package" message. does the phone display this message consistantly? If not you may have 3G issues. You could also try and enroll in the $30 smart phone package to confirm this. If you cancel the smart phone package within a day or two you won't be charged for it. (In the beginning I did this and they did not charge me after I canceled the service after 2 days).

i have tzones and im having this same problem... but it only happens late at night (past 12am) during the day its fine
    i have the sim in my nokia e63 right now and its connecting to the internet fine

Quote Originally Posted by mush03 View Post

i have tzones and im having this same problem... but it only happens late at night (past 12am) during the day its fine
    i have the sim in my nokia e63 right now and its connecting to the internet fine
    Then in your case, its definitely a 3G compatibility issue with the N1....

hey guys i'm gettin my n1 in a couple of weeks and was wondering if i could use the $10 shadow plan with the n1

Quote Originally Posted by mozzer138 View Post
    hey guys i'm gettin my n1 in a couple of weeks and was wondering if i could use the $10 shadow plan with the n1
    what's the shadow plan?

Quote Originally Posted by mozzer138 View Post

I use shadow(1st gen) as my phone at tmo website. As long as shadow data plan is still being offered, then you should be fine.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links