configuring N1 with tmo's $10 unlimited web for phone service

This is a discussion on configuring N1 with tmo's $10 unlimited web for phone service within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by blackstar Originally Posted by mozzer138 hey guys i'm gettin my n1 in a couple of weeks and was wondering if i could ...

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: configuring N1 with tmo's $10 unlimited web for phone service

Quote Originally Posted by blackstar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mozzer138 View Post
    hey guys i'm gettin my n1 in a couple of weeks and was wondering if i could use the $10 shadow plan with the n1

I use shadow(1st gen) as my phone at tmo website. As long as shadow data plan is still being offered, then you should be fine.

it shows up thank you!
    i've got another question, i'm currently using an unlocked Nokia 5530, would this method work on that phone as well?

Does anybody have any idea if this will work on a Mytouch slide or a Motorola Cliq bought off of ebay?, I have been enjoying this with no problems on my Nexus One, but I was just wondering if I could set it up for my sister since I am finally going to get her to buy an android phone and drop her archaic Blackberry Pearl.

I'm just wondering, is this plan really unlimited? Or is there a cap/fee for going over a certain MB/GB?

Edit: Also, do any of you guys have insurance on your phone? How did you work that out?

Quote Originally Posted by srob101 View Post
    I'm just wondering, is this plan really unlimited? Or is there a cap/fee for going over a certain MB/GB?

Edit: Also, do any of you guys have insurance on your phone? How did you work that out?
    I think they advertise it as unlimited but it might get you in trouble if you go past x amount of MB, I would say probably 500Mb or 1GB

I try not to get past 200MB, but that's just me, and I have w-ifi access most of the time.

Also I thought about getting an insurance but just didn't. I heard t-mobile is offering insurance for $6 a month or something? not sure it is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by brunoxyz View Post
    Also I thought about getting an insurance but just didn't. I heard t-mobile is offering insurance for $6 a month or something? not sure it is worth it.
    Totally worth it. There is a $100 dollar deductible, but since they cover everything, from the phone being lost, to stolen, to a broken screen, I think it is worth it.

I can't seem to get the MMS working with this set-up. Everything is set up as you describe. Any suggestions?

Ok, so this is slightly confusing. As I understand it, if you have a non-smartphone with a regular plan and $9.99 web-for-phones, you can simply slot the SIM-card into your NExus One and it will get uncapped, 3G internet...forever?

I've ordered my Nexus One, but I left my SIM card at a friend's house and he's shipping it to me. Currently, it's in a loaner phone that T-mobile gave me after my old phone broke. I've been on T-Mobile since 2007, and I've always just had 300 Whenever Minutes and 400 Text messages, with 9.99 web-for-phones added recently.

So I can just slot my SIM card into the Nexus One, and everything will work as it's supposed to? (After configuring the APN, of course...)

Quote Originally Posted by SaitoHawkeye View Post
    Ok, so this is slightly confusing. As I understand it, if you have a non-smartphone with a regular plan and $9.99 web-for-phones, you can simply slot the SIM-card into your NExus One and it will get uncapped, 3G internet...forever?

I've ordered my Nexus One, but I left my SIM card at a friend's house and he's shipping it to me. Currently, it's in a loaner phone that T-mobile gave me after my old phone broke. I've been on T-Mobile since 2007, and I've always just had 300 Whenever Minutes and 400 Text messages, with 9.99 web-for-phones added recently.

So I can just slot my SIM card into the Nexus One, and everything will work as it's supposed to? (After configuring the APN, of course...)
    Yes and no. It should work, for a while at least. Eventually, you will be prompted to update your data plan..that was my experience multiple times with me, wife and friends phones.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post

Yes and no. It should work, for a while at least. Eventually, you will be prompted to update your data plan..that was my experience multiple times with me, wife and friends phones.
    Ah, ok...and once you are forced to upgrade, you can keep your old sim-card but you must begin paying for a plan that costs $25/month? Or is it now $30, that was unclear...

Thanks, BTW - the phone seems really cool, I just haven't got a chance to use it off of anything but WiFi yet.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post

Ah, ok...and once you are forced to upgrade, you can keep your old sim-card but you must begin paying for a plan that costs $25/month? Or is it now $30, that was unclear...

Thanks, BTW - the phone seems really cool, I just haven't got a chance to use it off of anything but WiFi yet.
    Correct. Call in when you have to upgrade though...ask about cheaper data rate charges, as I *think* you don't need full 'Android' plan if you don't want a messaging bundle included...best to find out from the source. Yep, my old G1 SIM works fine. Enjoy!

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links