configuring N1 with tmo's $10 unlimited web for phone service

This is a discussion on configuring N1 with tmo's $10 unlimited web for phone service within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; hi folks, I have an unlocked N1 with a preexisting tmo My Fave Five contract (soon to end in 3 months). When i try to ...

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: configuring N1 with tmo's $10 unlimited web for phone service

configuring N1 with tmo's $10 unlimited web for phone service

hi folks,

I have an unlocked N1 with a preexisting tmo My Fave Five contract (soon to end in 3 months). When i try to go online using 3g I am instructed to purchase the $30 smartphone internet service. Since I will be a light user of the data service it would be more fitting for me to get the $10 unlimited web for phone service.

I would essentially be using the web to post messages on facebook, read news etc. I suppose the heaviest usage would be with the google navigation and eventually VoIP once I learn a little more about it. I don't know if this has already been covered in the forums and I apologize in advance if this is the case. Being a first time smart phone/3G user I'm not sure if I searched the forums using the right parameters.

If someone could point me in the right direction or tell me what settings I need to change I would be most grateful..

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by macwanj View Post
    hi folks,

I have an unlocked N1 with a preexisting tmo My Fave Five contract (soon to end in 3 months). When i try to go online using 3g I am instructed to purchase the $30 smartphone internet service. Since I will be a light user of the data service it would be more fitting for me to get the $10 unlimited web for phone service.

I would essentially be using the web to post messages on facebook, read news etc. I suppose the heaviest usage would be with the google navigation and eventually VoIP once I learn a little more about it. I don't know if this has already been covered in the forums and I apologize in advance if this is the case. Being a first time smart phone/3G user I'm not sure if I searched the forums using the right parameters.

If someone could point me in the right direction or tell me what settings I need to change I would be most grateful..
    I don't think you will be allowed to do that. The $30 plan is mandated.

I don't see why you can't. Just tell them you're using some old web-accessible phone like a RAZR (that isn't a blackberry/android/other smartphone with expensive data plans) and you can probably have the $10 data plan activated to use as you please. Better yet, in your online account profile, just select an older web-accessible non-android/blackberry/smartphone as your primary device and you could probably sign up for $10 web plan online.

I don't have personal experience with this, but I have a few friends who did this with their jailbroken iPhones. They also had to change their APN settings to internet2.voicestream.com.

I'm not sure if there is something on the NX1 itself that would limit your web access if you don't have 3G though.

thanks guys it works! Nothing like an unlimited $10 data plan on 3g! After some reading last night I found that simply using tmo's default APNs did not work with the data plan. The browser kept asking me to subscribe to the $40 web2go service. I proceeded to create seperate APN's for MMS and for the internet and that worked like a charm. My tmo account sees the old motorola razor as my default phone.
    The mms apn was set to the default epc.tmobile.com and the internet apn was set at internet2.voicestream.com

Quote Originally Posted by macwanj View Post
    thanks guys it works! Nothing like an unlimited $10 data plan on 3g! After some reading last night I found that simply using tmo's default APNs did not work with the data plan. The browser kept asking me to subscribe to the $40 web2go service. I proceeded to create seperate APN's for MMS and for the internet and that worked like a charm. My tmo account sees the old motorola razor as my default phone.
    The mms apn was set to the default epc.tmobile.com and the internet apn was set at internet2.voicestream.com

This is what Im using now!

Is it fast?
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The transfer rate navigating through browsers takes about a second or 2. Compare to my old 3GS using the same $9.99 plan takes about 5 to 6 seconds. So to answer your question... Yes it is fast

I do not get how to change my APNs and stuff.. Can anyone help me please?
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    Go to MENU>SETTINGS>WIRELESS NETWORK>MOBILE NETWORK>ACCENT POINT NAMES>TMOBILE>PUT THE APN NAME: internet2.voicestream.com

Quote Originally Posted by swoosh0217 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    Go to MENU>SETTINGS>WIRELESS NETWORK>MOBILE NETWORK>ACCENT POINT NAMES>TMOBILE>PUT THE APN NAME: internet2.voicestream.com
    Thats it? I don't need to put in anything for the other boxes?
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links