Cheapest Tmobile Nexus One Plan?

This is a discussion on Cheapest Tmobile Nexus One Plan? within the T-Mobile forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by paradoxic Hello, Can anyone tell me what the cheapest t-mobile nexus one plan is? I went into a t-mobile store and the ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cheapest Tmobile Nexus One Plan?

Quote Originally Posted by paradoxic View Post
    Hello,

Can anyone tell me what the cheapest t-mobile nexus one plan is? I went into a t-mobile store and the guy told me 79.99$/mo. I'm not sure he really cared about helping me or giving me good info.

I rarely use the telephone on my iphone, just really need the mobile data so the lowest number of minutes possible would help.
    My Nexus One plan is $38.99 before tax. I've done my homework and don't think I can squeeze another nickel out of T-Mobile.

Here's the breakdown:

$29.99 500 Minute Even More Plus
    $9.00 T-Mobile Unlimited Web ($10.00 - 10% Freelancers Union discount)
    $0.00 Google Voice Unlimited SMS

Google Voice has saved me (literally) hundreds of dollars per year. Unlimited texts are free and I no longer need to burn mobile minutes to check my voice mail; I launch the GV app and retrieve voicemail recordings over the data network.

One **BIG** benefit for me is the undocumented 500 minute call forwarding pool that gets utilized with GV on Android:

Double your T-Mobile “Even More Plus 500″ minutes from 500 to 1000 for FREE Luke Hutchison

This has drastically reduced my minutes; I routinely see my total billable minutes less than 150 per month because of GV and this call forward pool.

My free minutes (mobile to mobile, nights/weekends, call forward) for this month, are over 1300 while my billable "anywhere" minutes are currently 122.

I'd say this is a very, very good deal considering the total price for me also includes unlimited text (via Google Voice) and unlimited 3G data.

The savings realized for buying the N1 outright is a real no-brainer for me:

Subsidized: $279.00 N1 + $79.99 Required T-Mobile plan = $2198.76 for 24 months
    Unsubsidized: $529.00 N1 + $38.99 T-Mobile plan = $1464.76 for 24 months

That's a net savings of $734.00 for me. This EASILY covers the entire cost of the phone, my optional accessories and then some...

Quote Originally Posted by mooselander View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by paradoxic View Post
    Hello,

Can anyone tell me what the cheapest t-mobile nexus one plan is? I went into a t-mobile store and the guy told me 79.99$/mo. I'm not sure he really cared about helping me or giving me good info.

I rarely use the telephone on my iphone, just really need the mobile data so the lowest number of minutes possible would help.
    My Nexus One plan is $38.99 before tax. I've done my homework and don't think I can squeeze another nickel out of T-Mobile.

Here's the breakdown:

$29.99 500 Minute Even More Plus
    $9.00 T-Mobile Unlimited Web ($10.00 - 10% Freelancers Union discount)
    $0.00 Google Voice Unlimited SMS

Google Voice has saved me (literally) hundreds of dollars per year. Unlimited texts are free and I no longer need to burn mobile minutes to check my voice mail; I launch the GV app and retrieve voicemail recordings over the data network.

One **BIG** benefit for me is the undocumented 500 minute call forwarding pool that gets utilized with GV on Android:

Double your T-Mobile “Even More Plus 500″ minutes from 500 to 1000 for FREE Luke Hutchison

This has drastically reduced my minutes; I routinely see my total billable minutes less than 150 per month because of GV and this call forward pool.

My free minutes (mobile to mobile, nights/weekends, call forward) for this month, are over 1300 while my billable "anywhere" minutes are currently 122.

I'd say this is a very, very good deal considering the total price for me also includes unlimited text (via Google Voice) and unlimited 3G data.

The savings realized for buying the N1 outright is a real no-brainer for me:

Subsidized: $279.00 N1 + $79.99 Required T-Mobile plan = $2198.76 for 24 months
    Unsubsidized: $529.00 N1 + $38.99 T-Mobile plan = $1464.76 for 24 months

That's a net savings of $734.00 for me. This EASILY covers the entire cost of the phone, my optional accessories and then some...
    How did you get 10 internet to work?

How did you get 10 internet to work?
    I configured my plan through T-Mobile's website.

I selected the Samsung Katalyst phone and then the $10 internet plan was exposed as an option. I added that and removed the $25 Android data plan.

The APNs needed editing before the $10 data plan worked. This thread has the details:

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/t...service-2.html

Nexus on specs

Cellular Band: WCDMA (UMTS) / GSM 850/900/1800/1900

I would like to know if the specification above is for Tmobile .

Quote Originally Posted by orjense View Post

The above spec. would not give you 3G for 'TM'.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by orjense View Post

The above spec. would not give you 3G for 'TM'.
    Thank you for that information, That's a Nexus One (Tmobile) spec.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links