Getting a Nexus one on an existing account with AT&T? Stop here first

This is a discussion on Getting a Nexus one on an existing account with AT&T? Stop here first within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Now that Google has released a version capable to run on the AT&T 3G, a lot of people have questions and I will try to ...

Thread: Getting a Nexus one on an existing account with AT&T? Stop here first

Getting a Nexus one on an existing account with AT&T? Stop here first

Now that Google has released a version capable to run on the AT&T 3G, a lot of people have questions and I will try to cover these common questions in this post.
    The first common question is:
    “Will I be able to trade in my current nexus one for the one that currently works with AT&T’s 3g?”
    The answer is simple but not too pleasant for some. Yes you can. From my research, I’ve found, you need to be within your 14 day buyer’s remorse period to do so (30 days in California). If you are within these days, you will be able to return the phone to HTC and Purchase the version you want.
    Second common question:
    “What do we do if we are past our buyer’s remorse period?”
    I have seen posts and ads all over the place in e-Bay, Amazon and Craigslist selling the Nexus One. I hate to say this, but it seems that this is the only option and many people are taking it to recoup all or some of their funds to be able to purchase a new Nexus One that works on the AT&T 3g network.
    Third common question:
    “What’s the difference in the two current phones that changes the 3g to be used between networks?”
    The answer is found on the referenced link below and I will cover it here as well. It’s the Frequency bands that different carriers use for their 3g coverage.
    “3G coverage on networks that use the 850 MHz, 1900 MHz, and 2100 MHz frequency bands (recommended for use on AT&T in the US and Rogers Wireless in Canada)
    3G coverage on networks that use the 900 MHz, AWS, 1700 and 2100 MHz frequency bands (recommended for use on T-Mobile in the US)”
    For other countries you will want to check with your specific carriers for what bands they use for 3g.
    Fourth common question:
    “What’s the data plan required to work on the Nexus one using AT&T?”
    The answer was mixed for was while, until I did further in-depth research by browsing and calling AT&T and speaking with multiple reps. You will need to have the Smartphone Personal $30.00 data feature to be able to utilize the data that Android requires. From this, I asked about the older $15.00 plan that is used on other Smart phones such as the iPhone, and was given the response that the network would not allow for proper data coverage on the Android software and automatically adds the $30 data feature for you when you place the SIM card into the phone.
    I have seen posts that some people must have a $40.00 data plan. According to the reps I spoke with at AT&T, this is not true and the Nexus One will work fine with the unlimited $30.00 plan they offer.
    And to cover one last growing question I see on the forums in spots.
    “Can we get the phone discounted pricing with AT&T services?”
    Currently the answer is no. Unfortunately, nothing has been announced as of yet regarding any discounts, but this doesn’t mean it won’t change in the future.
    I will update as more information is provided and we can gather more insight.
    hope this helps you to understand a few things
    Regards,
    TechieNewsMongral

tinyurl.com/techienewsmongral

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Just realized theres a deicated spot for AT&T can a mod move this post there please?
    Regards,
    TechieNewsMongral

Moved to AT&T section.

Might want to add the information from the Google employee in this thread:

I want to disable data transfer (Internet usage) on Nexus One so I only use Wi-Fi @ home etc - Android Help

Basically a way out of the $30/mo Smart Phone fee....

This a duplicate thread?

yes we can delete this one, the other one posted in the right section when I noticed this one in wrong section, sorry
    Regards,
    TechieNewsMongral

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links