Andriod vs Iphone

This is a discussion on Andriod vs Iphone within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I realize I will probably get a bit of a biased opinion here, but I will ask anyways... I am debating a new smartphone. I ...

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Andriod vs Iphone

  1. #1
    Senior Member VydorScope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    391

    Talking Andriod vs Iphone

    I realize I will probably get a bit of a biased opinion here, but I will ask anyways...
    I am debating a new smartphone. I use AT&T for my cell phone company. On my phone I use Twitter, FB, Gmail, IMAP mail, Exchange Mail Sever (work), Google Calendar/Contacts, Pandora, MP3, and the Web for research. I use an iMac at home, and a PC at work. I would like a good Camera/video camera to serve as a P&S for when I do not want to bring my DSLR. I do not care if contacts/calendar sync with my Mac because I keep all of that in the Google Cloud. It be nice if the phone could be a back up to my Garmin GPS. With all that in mind, what is the better choice, Nexus One (or HTC Desire if we ever get it) or iPhone (assuming I wait till the new one in June) and why? Thanks!

    Thanks!

  2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

  3. #2
    Member dchandler_nexusone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
    I realize I will probably get a bit of a biased opinion here, but I will ask anyways...
    I am debating a new smartphone. I use AT&T for my cell phone company. On my phone I use Twitter, FB, Gmail, IMAP mail, Exchange Mail Sever (work), Google Calendar/Contacts, Pandora, MP3, and the Web for research. I use an iMac at home, and a PC at work. I would like a good Camera/video camera to serve as a P&S for when I do not want to bring my DSLR. I do not care if contacts/calendar sync with my Mac because I keep all of that in the Google Cloud. It be nice if the phone could be a back up to my Garmin GPS. With all that in mind, what is the better choice, Nexus One (or HTC Desire if we ever get it) or iPhone (assuming I wait till the new one in June) and why? Thanks!

    Thanks!
    IMO It just depends on what you want, the Nexus one runs a lot faster than the Iphone, the camera/video is a lot better. You would not have to use your garman because the nexus one has built in GPS and It work great. I can not speak on the Desire because i have not used it yet. ( To me the Iphone is slow and dont get the job done) Just my 2cents
    Follow me on Twitter
    www.twitter.com/dchandler326

  4. #3
    Senior Member M_Woody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by dchandler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
    I realize I will probably get a bit of a biased opinion here, but I will ask anyways...
    I am debating a new smartphone. I use AT&T for my cell phone company. On my phone I use Twitter, FB, Gmail, IMAP mail, Exchange Mail Sever (work), Google Calendar/Contacts, Pandora, MP3, and the Web for research. I use an iMac at home, and a PC at work. I would like a good Camera/video camera to serve as a P&S for when I do not want to bring my DSLR. I do not care if contacts/calendar sync with my Mac because I keep all of that in the Google Cloud. It be nice if the phone could be a back up to my Garmin GPS. With all that in mind, what is the better choice, Nexus One (or HTC Desire if we ever get it) or iPhone (assuming I wait till the new one in June) and why? Thanks!

    Thanks!
    IMO It just depends on what you want, the Nexus one runs a lot faster than the Iphone, the camera/video is a lot better. You would not have to use your garman because the nexus one has built in GPS and It work great. I can not speak on the Desire because i have not used it yet. ( To me the Iphone is slow and dont get the job done) Just my 2cents
    Wow, 35 posts and your a mod? Anyway, apart from the 'Pink blob' issue with the camera, it's a great phone. I have the N1... But I'm considering getting the iPhone, I need someone to talk me out of it... :-S
    M_Woody's wallpaper pack.

    I am a freelance/self-employed graphics designer, please take a look at my website www.m-woody.co.nr

    200th post - 6th April, 2010.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #4
    Senior Member VydorScope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    391
    Pink blob?

  6. #5
    Senior Member M_Woody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
    Pink blob?
    I'll post a pic of what I mean in a min
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    The pic below is meant to be of a white piece of paper, there's a pink tint in the middle of it...

    M_Woody's wallpaper pack.

    I am a freelance/self-employed graphics designer, please take a look at my website www.m-woody.co.nr

    200th post - 6th April, 2010.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #6
    Senior Member pewpewbangbang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    215
    If i was going to get android. I wouldn't get the Nexus One if you had another choice. Sorry to say, but it honestly does have a lot of problems. If your carrier or whatever has other options, opt for that one.

    Like for instance, you want a really good P&S? Get the HTC Incredible when it releases on April 29th. It will have an 8MP camera and shoot really good video, you can see how good it is by looking at the sample shots by the HTC Evo which has the same camera.

    And honestly? the iPhone is slow?? Im no fanboy, but i can assure you, the iPhone 3GS is not slow......the iPhone 3GS in fact gets better FPS in 3D games etc..because it's dedicated GPU is much better than the one in the Snapdragon platform. OMAP is superior in graphics but Snapdragon is superior in the CPU department right now. I can assure you though, Snapdragon will be faster than the iPhone 3GS in loading web pages etc....things that don't require the GPU, the snapdragon will be faster. But, the A4 chip is faster than Snapdragon currently, don't know if it will be in the iPhone 4G but the A4 is mighty fast.

    Anyways, as of right now, this instance. I would get an android if you can. Im actually going to get the 3GS to the contrary and then see how the iPhone 4G is when it releases since i can get the iPhone subsidized and the Nexus One only unlocked. If it's amazing, i'll sell the 3GS and buy the 4G only chipping in a little cash. If it's not amazing, i'll pick up the best Android handset that will work on AT&T, hopefully the Galaxy S comes out within 30 days of me purchasing my 3GS and comes onto AT&T as expected, i would exchange it in a second. Galaxy S has the updated OMAP in the 3GS and let me tell you, the speeds and graphical power are RIDICULOUS!!!

    Anyways, i would get Android right now if you can, but the iPhone isn't a bad option, it will certainly be fast enough and you won't feel any slowdowns.

  8. #7
    Senior Member VydorScope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by pewpewbangbang View Post
    If i was going to get android. I wouldn't get the Nexus One if you had another choice. Sorry to say, but it honestly does have a lot of problems. If your carrier or whatever has other options, opt for that one.

    Well as I mentioned I am on AT&T so my Android options are the Nexus One and the Backfilp.

  9. #8
    Senior Member pewpewbangbang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pewpewbangbang View Post
    If i was going to get android. I wouldn't get the Nexus One if you had another choice. Sorry to say, but it honestly does have a lot of problems. If your carrier or whatever has other options, opt for that one.

    Well as I mentioned I am on AT&T so my Android options are the Nexus One and the Backfilp.
    Don't get the Backflip at all.........it's severely crippled by AT&T and slow.

    Do you really want to pay $530 for the Nexus One? if so, be my guest. I would only get the Nexus One if someone traded their AT&T Nexus One for my iPhone 3GS when i get it or bought my iPhone 3GS for like $530.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Android Forum