Nexus One vs iPhone 3GS on AT&T (speed test)

This is a discussion on Nexus One vs iPhone 3GS on AT&T (speed test) within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Which of these two phones has a faster browser page load time using AT&T 3G coverage? Thanks for the input. I searched....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One vs iPhone 3GS on AT&T (speed test)

Nexus One vs iPhone 3GS on AT&T (speed test)

Which of these two phones has a faster browser page load time using AT&T 3G coverage?

Thanks for the input. I searched.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

To me I would have to say the Nexus 1 but its tons of reviews on youtube about it, showing you the speeds
    Follow me on Twitter
    www.twitter.com/dchandler326

Quote Originally Posted by dchandler View Post
    To me I would have to say the Nexus 1 but its tons of reviews on youtube about it, showing you the speeds
    Thanks for your input. The videos on youtube are not the answer to my question though. They only show N1 vs 3GS on wi-fi not AT&T. I want to know which of the two have faster browsing speeds on the 3G network.

Quote Originally Posted by drummr160 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dchandler View Post
    Thanks for your input. The videos on youtube are not the answer to my question though. They only show N1 vs 3GS on wi-fi not AT&T. I want to know which of the two have faster browsing speeds on the 3G network.

From what I saw in youtube reviews...browser rending speed is much much faster so much so that the AT&T IPhone on AT&T faster 3g Network could not keep up with the N1 on TMobile's slower 3G network. Give them the same 3G network, and I am sure the N1 will run circles around iPhone.

Which of these two phones has a faster browser page load time using AT&T 3G coverage?

The download speed isn't really much of a factor since there isn't going to be much variation in 3G download speed. I have found the render speed of the N1 to be excellent. The render speed is the main factor.

The iPhone3Gs processor is 600 MHz, the N1's snapdragon is a full 1 GHz (40% faster.)

Quote Originally Posted by bozzy View Post

The download speed isn't really much of a factor since there isn't going to be much variation in 3G download speed. I have found the render speed of the N1 to be excellent. The render speed is the main factor.
    I choose your post to be the answer to this thread. I never thought of it that way and yes, rendering is the main factor. Thanks for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    The iPhone3Gs processor is 600 MHz, the N1's snapdragon is a full 1 GHz (40% faster.)

I know that. Are you trying to say that the N1 will render a pay faster than 3GS due to the snapdragon processor? If so, thanks for the info.

but havn't you guys heard from the iPhone users that the 600mhz processor on the iPhone is faster than the 1gig N1? lol
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Quote Originally Posted by dimmakherbs View Post
    but havn't you guys heard from the iPhone users that the 600mhz processor on the iPhone is faster than the 1gig N1? lol

That is actually a realistic possibility. You can not compare mhz across different chips, only chips in the same line. How ever, in this case all the test prove out the Snapdragon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links