Lock screen info...help!

This is a discussion on Lock screen info...help! within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Last Thursday, after 7 years using a Motorola Razor, syncing Outlook with BVRP software on AT&T service, I have finally purchased "THE" phone to use ...

Thread: Lock screen info...help!

Lock screen info...help!

Last Thursday, after 7 years using a Motorola Razor, syncing Outlook with BVRP software on AT&T service, I have finally purchased "THE" phone to use on AT&T service and that is the Nexus one.

Now that that's out of the way, I have searched for the better part of an hour and now its time to post.

I noticed that the lock screen on my Nexus one says "this phone belongs to:" and its blank. How do I fill this in with my name. Also just below that its says "protected by anti virus". Well, thats great because it is, I just don't want to have see that all the time and wondered if this screen is customizable as I have found nothing in user manual about it.

Any help would be appreciated.

**EDIT** Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I LOVE THIS PHONE!!!!

****EDIT***
    Hmmm..isn't that interesting. I turned on my phone just now and the lock screen no longer is displaying "this phone belongs to:" or the antivirus message as mentioned above, under the time and date. Just shows time and date with the lock slider. I wonder, since I charge on desktop dock at night, if "that screen" gets, somehow glitched after I take it off the charger.
    No wonder I haven't had too many responses to this since if you don't have the desktop charger you wouldn't know what I am talking about.
    Its the same screen as you would get when you put on desk top charger.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The anti-virus part leads me to think it might be an external app. Granted I haven't gotten my N1 (yet), but I remember reading about something similar from the phone tracking/anti-theft apps. Have you installed anything like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Claw View Post
    Last Thursday, after 7 years using a Motorola Razor, syncing Outlook with BVRP software on AT&T service, I have finally purchased "THE" phone to use on AT&T service and that is the Nexus one.

Now that that's out of the way, I have searched for the better part of an hour and now its time to post.

I noticed that the lock screen on my Nexus one says "this phone belongs to:" and its blank. How do I fill this in with my name. Also just below that its says "protected by anti virus". Well, thats great because it is, I just don't want to have see that all the time and wondered if this screen is customizable as I have found nothing in user manual about it.
    I'm sure that this message you're talking about is from the 'antivirus' app. I have this message too and it's really annoying me. You can change the text when you go into the antivirus program -> setting -> Remote Management -> Lost message (you can change the text and also add a contact number)

I noticed that the message overrides my alarm notification which was at the same location of my lock screen. Thus, when I edit the alarm, it overrides the antivirus message again. That's the only way I found to get rid of it.

Hope that helped

Quote Originally Posted by laneli View Post

I'm sure that this message you're talking about is from the 'antivirus' app. I have this message too and it's really annoying me. You can change the text when you go into the antivirus program -> setting -> Remote Management -> Lost message (you can change the text and also add a contact number)

I noticed that the message overrides my alarm notification which was at the same location of my lock screen. Thus, when I edit the alarm, it overrides the antivirus message again. That's the only way I found to get rid of it.

Hope that helped
    Thanks, didn't think to look for a second "settings" menu after opening Antivirus app. That did the trick.

antivirus??? :PP

which one is the best one??? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Budske View Post

I am using the one available on the market place(sorry, don't know who is programmer). It had 4 or 5 stars and it was free. Of course you can upgrade to full license for $. It has the yellow/white pill on its startup screen. I had heard that Kaspersky was going to start selling a mobile version of its antivirus program but haven't found it available yet. This one is free.

Quote Originally Posted by Budske View Post

I am using the one available on the market place(sorry, don't know who is programmer). It had 4 or 5 stars and it was free. Of course you can upgrade to full license for $. It has the yellow/white pill on its startup screen. I had heard that Kaspersky was going to start selling a mobile version of its antivirus program but haven't found it available yet. This one is free.
    This is the one I was talking about earlier (and I'm sure 'Evil Claw' referred to the same): antivirus free - Cyrket

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links