3G not working, but EDGE is?

This is a discussion on 3G not working, but EDGE is? within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; i noticed this morning that my nexus one's 3G wasn't working. I have the "3G" symbol and 2-3 bars in the notification bar, but i ...

Thread: 3G not working, but EDGE is?

3G not working, but EDGE is?

i noticed this morning that my nexus one's 3G wasn't working. I have the "3G" symbol and 2-3 bars in the notification bar, but i things like the app store and the browser will not load anything. everything works when i switch to edge though. could it be AT&T or the phone?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by carp0708 View Post
    i noticed this morning that my nexus one's 3G wasn't working. I have the "3G" symbol and 2-3 bars in the notification bar, but i things like the app store and the browser will not load anything. everything works when i switch to edge though. could it be AT&T or the phone?
    If it happened once, could be AT&T. If it happens regularly, probably your phone.

I found that if I have Wifi on, but are just on the outskirts of an access point (close enough to be "Connected" but too far to be actually useable)... the phone will try and try and try but "not work". As soon as I turn wifi off the phone will run just fine on 3G (Note: I had this problem with the iPhone too, so it isn't android specific).

Quote Originally Posted by carp0708 View Post
    AT&T's services was acting up a lot yesterday for me and many of my friends. On my facebook feed I noticed a lot of status updates regarding AT&T "****tY" service. I kept going in an out of service. It would be anwhere from ONE BAR to NO SERVICE.

Hopefully today it's much better. Depending on where you live, you could of been affected by the storms.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links