Nexus One Unlimited International Roaming Data

This is a discussion on Nexus One Unlimited International Roaming Data within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I know a lot of people have asked already about whether they can take the ATT sim card from their BlackBerry Curves and slip it ...

Thread: Nexus One Unlimited International Roaming Data

Nexus One Unlimited International Roaming Data

I know a lot of people have asked already about whether they can take the ATT sim card from their BlackBerry Curves and slip it into an N1. Consensus seems to be that this works fine.

Here's my concern. I spend about 250 days of the year overseas, in a different country every week. The data plan I currently use from ATT gives me unlimited international roaming data, and it costs $64 instead of the usual $30 or so. Will I be able to keep that international data plan when I slip the SIM into a Nexus One, or do ATT's unlimited international plans not work for the N1, just as they don't work for the iPhone? Does anyone have unlimited international roaming data, other than ATT for BlackBerry?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

in the uk its the sim that the data goes through and i can use any phone with my sim not sure about america though

Yes and no

I think ATT can tell which phone you are using, and cut you off, depending on whether you are using one of the ones under their plans. But maybe there is someone out there more knowledgeable about these things than I am....

Quote Originally Posted by gcaw View Post
    I think ATT can tell which phone you are using, and cut you off, depending on whether you are using one of the ones under their plans. But maybe there is someone out there more knowledgeable about these things than I am....
    that sounds more like china than it does the usa,as long as you pay for data you should be able to use any phone you want

Wait, you have international unlimited data roaming? And it costs you an extra $64 a month? Is this on top of your US data plan? Or separate? I wonder if it is something that can be added one month and turned off the next.

Anybody know anything about this plan? I was going to deal with the hassle of getting a local number on my next Taiwan trip. I really hate living without my data for 3+ weeks at a time.

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

intl data roaming unlimited

Yes, for $64.99, plus taxes and fees that comes to about $110.

Just got off the chat with AT&T. The only international data roaming plan I see is 200 MB for $199. I checked my current month (about 3/4 done) and I'm at 3367 MB. I hate to think what the overages would be.

I wonder if AT&T has special corporate data plans for international? Anyone know?

Archos 70 with UrukDroid

The plans I can find are AT&T Affordable World Packages and they are anything BUT affordable. :nexusx:

Archos 70 with UrukDroid

international plans

I think the affordable plans are available only for business customers, which is what I am. I called ATT and asked repeatedly whether there was a per MB charge or an unlimited roaming international data plan for a base rate of $64.99, and they confirmed each time that that is exactly what they were offering me, and that the same plans would work for iPhone or N1.

So maybe look into becoming a business customer. I have no idea how hard that is to arrange.

Good luck.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links