Nexus One warranty question

This is a discussion on Nexus One warranty question within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I want to purchase a Nexus One but am probably going to get a used one. The quirks and problems of the Nexus One kind ...

Thread: Nexus One warranty question

Nexus One warranty question

I want to purchase a Nexus One but am probably going to get a used one. The quirks and problems of the Nexus One kind of throw me off so i would like to know this.

If i buy the Nexus One used off like craigslist......will any problems that may occur be covered by warranty and i can send it in?? i don't have to be the original owner basically to get the warranty do i?? I just send it to google if theirs a problem and they will send back another unit?? don't need to show any like proof of ownership like a receipt or anything do i??

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by pewpewbangbang View Post
    I want to purchase a Nexus One but am probably going to get a used one. The quirks and problems of the Nexus One kind of throw me off so i would like to know this.

If i buy the Nexus One used off like craigslist......will any problems that may occur be covered by warranty and i can send it in?? i don't have to be the original owner basically to get the warranty do i?? I just send it to google if theirs a problem and they will send back another unit?? don't need to show any like proof of ownership like a receipt or anything do i??
    I remember a while back, there was an issue where Google refused to honour the warranty if the phone had been transferred to someone other than the original buyer...

You maybe out of luck for warranty, if you go this route.

Quote Originally Posted by pewpewbangbang View Post

Go to Google's Nexus One site and read the warranty...it's only applicable to original purchaser, non-transferable.

SquareTrade I think will still cover it.

I thought the warranty 12 mo from the date of purchase google may not
    but i would call htc the hardware warranty should be good they are covering
    the phone not the owner it is worth a call

Quote Originally Posted by sparky View Post
    It's called a 'Limited Warranty' because it has exclusions...and the VERY first one they mention is 'original purchaser':

http://www.google.com/googlephone/nexusone-warranty.pdf

Oh, and that IS HTC's EULA...

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky View Post
    It's called a 'Limited Warranty' because it has exclusions...and the VERY first one they mention is 'original purchaser':

http://www.google.com/googlephone/nexusone-warranty.pdf

Oh, and that IS HTC's EULA...
    I'd call and argue the point anyway the worst that can happen is they pull that two letter word on you NO but it's not broke

yea you guys appear to be right.

Also read a on a sellers post that he will include the receipt so that you can receive the warranty.

what does google cover in the warranty? i understand if you send the phone to htc they'll issue a replacement/repair. what does google cover? software?

All of which is illegal in the UK.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links