Interesting conversation with AT&T rep

This is a discussion on Interesting conversation with AT&T rep within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I'm still on my family plan data unlimited for $10....

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Interesting conversation with AT&T rep

I'm still on my family plan data unlimited for $10.
    Nexus One (at&t)
    ROM: 2.2 w/root
    Recovery Amon-Ra 1.7.0
    ---

---
    HTC Evo 4g (sprint)
    ROM: SupererSonic 2.1
    Recovery ClockworkMod

when you all say $10 unlimited plan, it's not $10 by it self for data correct? I just spw rep and he said I must have $30 unlimited texting plan before getting $10 unlmited data plan for EACH line on family plan.
    So I have 2 lines and my total would be $30 + $10 + $10 = $50 for BOTH phones UNLIMITED data and messaging.
    so can you confirm that it's NOT $10 by itself?
    thanks

will it help if I get some other Android phone? Will I be able to keep $15 unlimited data plan for non-smartphone?
    in sense, will ATT know I am using smartphone if lets say I am using european version of Android for example?

and will rooting my nexus one will prevent from ATT finding out it's nexus one?
    thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by csci1000 View Post
    will it help if I get some other Android phone? Will I be able to keep $15 unlimited data plan for non-smartphone?
    in sense, will ATT know I am using smartphone if lets say I am using european version of Android for example?

thank you so much!
    They know you have a smart phone by how much data you use.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post

thank you so much!
    They know you have a smart phone by how much data you use.

I been using $15 plan for over a year with my Omnia HD i8910 and changed to N1 last week and only now they find out that I am using smartphone? I mean I used it as hotspot and all that but never ever had message from att that it's smartphone so why now?
    There has to be something within Android/N1 telling them it's smartphone...

I been using $15 plan for over a year with my Omnia HD i8910 and changed to N1 last week and only now they find out that I am using smartphone? I mean I used it as hotspot and all that but never ever had message from att that it's smartphone so why now?
    Then I guess you'll have to ask AT&T what their criteria is for that determination.

Why now? ATT is actively clamping down, now that they have a bunch of iPads online too, and they couldn't even keep up with their iPhone contingent's demand. Apple REALLY needed to open up carrier access...their biggest FAIL, imho.

Then I guess you'll have to ask AT&T what their criteria is for that determination.
    There is very little differentiating feature phones from smart phones these days. Even AT&T reps don't know the difference. Feature phones get apps, email, and web browsing just like smart phones. I actually had one rep tell me "smart phones can access the internet".

There are no clear rules or guidelines (for AT&T at least) to differentiate the two other than a list. Truth is they go by price and how much they "think" the user will use data according to each phone.

Quote Originally Posted by fiercefire View Post
    There is very little differentiating feature phones from smart phones these days. Even AT&T reps don't know the difference. Feature phones get apps, email, and web browsing just like smart phones. I actually had one rep tell me "smart phones can access the internet".

There are no clear rules or guidelines (for AT&T at least) to differentiate the two other than a list. Truth is they go by price and how much they "think" the user will use data according to each phone.
    I guess you should set up a meeting with the CEO and the CFO to get to the bottom of this. They would probably appreciate some guidance from the user community.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Why now? ATT is actively clamping down, now that they have a bunch of iPads online too, and they couldn't even keep up with their iPhone contingent's demand. Apple REALLY needed to open up carrier access...their biggest FAIL, imho.

Me changing from Samsung i8910 to N1 last week and on DAY 1 I am getting message saying you are using smartphone and I had i8910 for like 11 months now and never ever heard from them for anything data related so it's gotta be something within android/n1, i mean what else could it be? I haven't even rooted or started any heavy usage!
    I don't think it's concidence either that they started sending this message out this week?!
    I would really like to hear from someone who has other android on ATT and whether they got such message about smartphone data plan??
    Anyone? like HTC Desire/HD2/XPERIA X10 etc.
    thank you all for input!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links