Interesting conversation with AT&T rep

This is a discussion on Interesting conversation with AT&T rep within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by csci1000 Originally Posted by alphawave7 Why now? ATT is actively clamping down, now that they have a bunch of iPads online too, ...

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Interesting conversation with AT&T rep

Quote Originally Posted by csci1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Why now? ATT is actively clamping down, now that they have a bunch of iPads online too, and they couldn't even keep up with their iPhone contingent's demand. Apple REALLY needed to open up carrier access...their biggest FAIL, imho.

Me changing from Samsung i8910 to N1 last week and on DAY 1 I am getting message saying you are using smartphone and I had i8910 for like 11 months now and never ever heard from them for anything data related so it's gotta be something within android/n1, i mean what else could it be? I haven't even rooted or started any heavy usage!
    I don't think it's concidence either that they started sending this message out this week?!
    I would really like to hear from someone who has other android on ATT and whether they got such message about smartphone data plan??
    Anyone? like HTC Desire/HD2/XPERIA X10 etc.
    thank you all for input!
    I suppose my point was: it has nothing to do with you/what you used. It's been all over the net the past few days/weeks that ATT is swamped with new iPads accessing data, as well as iPhone access...THEY are changing their data plan's cost and access schema, and they CAN detect what type of device their subs are using, AND have the contractual support to apply their 'appropriate' plan to your account based on the device you use. Your only options are to play csr-roulette and hope one will downgrade you back, at least until the next round of detection by whatever 'bot' engineering is using to flag accounts, or accept the ATT upgrade and be thankful you are grandfathered, or move carriers.

Unhappy

does this look normal to you guys?? I am doing nothing but emails. not even that but trying to setup my hotmail account on nexus one (no success so far) and my usage looks like this. For ex. my usage last night shows 200042KB so thats 195MB when I was setting up hotmail account couple of times since it's not pushing new messages so making sure I did it correctly, and I know I am NOT using that.
    Am I losing my brain or something? help me please!!!

DATETIMETO/FROMTYPEDIRECTIONMSG/KB/MIN
    06/1211:12 PMwap.cingular Internet/MEdia Net Sent 200042KB
    06/1209:52 PMwap.cingular Internet/MEdia Net Sent 1KB
    06/1206:09 PMwap.cingular Internet/MEdia Net Sent16KB
    06/1205:27 PMwap.cingular Internet/MEdia Net Sent1570KB
    06/1001:03 AMwap.cingular Internet/MEdia Net Sent2076KB
    06/0906:21 PMwap.cingular Internet/MEdia Net Sent 280437KB
    06/0905:45 PMwap.cingular Internet/MEdia Net Sent92KB
    06/0905:45 PMwap.cingular Internet/MEdia Net Sent1KB
    06/0912:18 PMwap.cingular Internet/MEdia Net Sent 533496KB first day I had N1 in my hands

Quote Originally Posted by csci1000 View Post
    Why now? ATT is actively clamping down, now that they have a bunch of iPads online too, and they couldn't even keep up with their iPhone contingent's demand. Apple REALLY needed to open up carrier access...their biggest FAIL, imho.

Me changing from Samsung i8910 to N1 last week and on DAY 1 I am getting message saying you are using smartphone and I had i8910 for like 11 months now and never ever heard from them for anything data related so it's gotta be something within android/n1, i mean what else could it be? I haven't even rooted or started any heavy usage!
    I don't think it's concidence either that they started sending this message out this week?!
    I would really like to hear from someone who has other android on ATT and whether they got such message about smartphone data plan??
    Anyone? like HTC Desire/HD2/XPERIA X10 etc.
    thank you all for input!
    I suppose my point was: it has nothing to do with you/what you used. It's been all over the net the past few days/weeks that ATT is swamped with new iPads accessing data, as well as iPhone access...THEY are changing their data plan's cost and access schema, and they CAN detect what type of device their subs are using, AND have the contractual support to apply their 'appropriate' plan to your account based on the device you use. Your only options are to play csr-roulette and hope one will downgrade you back, at least until the next round of detection by whatever 'bot' engineering is using to flag accounts, or accept the ATT upgrade and be thankful you are grandfathered, or move carriers.
    I see your point that everything started recently as ATT going after heavy users and upgrading their plans but I am stuck with 2 issues with N1. I dont have any options for data plan as far as I see!
    NOT only I am limited by 200MB/month for $15 plan I was given by rep but also my usage on ATT website looks extremely strange! look at my posting above...
    can anyone help what's going on with my usage? I am NOT using it. Could it be my phone registering WIFI data as ATT WAP giving me high number? but still thats out of question as 195MB is just out of this world for what I been doing on WIFI too, (just checking few webpages!?!?!?!?)

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links