Interesting conversation with AT&T rep

This is a discussion on Interesting conversation with AT&T rep within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I would guess it is 3g....

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting conversation with AT&T rep

I would guess it is 3g.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfwise View Post
    I called also but was told that the 10 dollar plan was not for smart phones. Said I would end up incurring additional charges for excessive data use. They wanted to put me on a pda style plan. Leaving my blackberry account alone for the time being until I find out differently

Scare tactics... They are blowing smoke up your ass.. I say the same thing to people that I set up accounts for with unlocked phones. It's how I make $$$$! Features baby!

My advice to all of you on at&t is....

Stop telling them you have a N1.. The dark lord at&t cannot tell you have a Nexus One by the IMEI. So that means it's just another unsupported device on the network... Now this means you can have the LOWEST PRICE data plan... $10 UNLIMITED.. I DO NOT ADVISE TETHERING A LOT!!! IT"S A GOOD WAY TO GET NOTICED BY THE DARK SIDE!

As far as 3g goes. The data plan has NOTHING to do with you getting 3g or not. It's all a matter of the phone you have. IF you have a Nexus One with at&t supported 3g THEN you will get 3g.
    Nexus One (at&t)
    ROM: 2.2 w/root
    Recovery Amon-Ra 1.7.0
    ---

---
    HTC Evo 4g (sprint)
    ROM: SupererSonic 2.1
    Recovery ClockworkMod

Just called and told them I had an unlocked phone. Gave them my IMEI number and it showed up as an unknown device in their system! $10 data plan for me!

Yes, does not depend on the data plan. I was using my N1 for a week before I switched my profile and removed my iPhone plan and I am using the AT&T version N1 and the internet still worked!

I wish I was so lucky. Every rep I've talked to, and I've talked to 3, tells me the $10 unlimited plan can only be used with family plans.

Grrrrrrr.

Well I just ordered my Nexus One hope to pull off the $10 fun. And I am on the family plan.

You guys were lucky. I called to get a cheaper plan from the Blackberry plan I had. He was quite for a few minutes and when he began talking to me again he said, I see you have the nexus one. Great phone. since it is a smart phone you will have to keep the plan you have or none.

I never told him I had the nexus One and I never gave him my imei number. He told me what I was talking on.

Do you know of a way around this? I have to pay 50 a month for unlimited web and texting. Stupid stupid stupid...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Google Nexus One Froyo
    Rooted ~ CM 6RC3~ CM6.0 N1~ Nightlies ~
    Was Using~ eViL's NXSense v.1.21.3 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink
    Was Using~ MicroMod's 2.12 Desire SuperHybrid
    Was Using~ MicroMod's Gingerbread CM7 Custom ROM v1.2 (DT's-Ap2Ext,Bat%,Themed
    Was Using ~ BlackDroid's Nexus One - UD 3.1.0Rom
    Was Using ~ CM 7 Gingerbread Green or Blue ExtremeMod ROM
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

You could try going over to their face book page, and complaining about your bill (do not mention specifics), a rep will then offer to "go over your bill and see what is the best plan for you" and see what they say.

It surprises me that they would be able to see the phone type unless snooper has been able to log the imei of the n1.

The $10 data plan is available if you have a family plan or an individual plan with unlimited messenginh.
    Nexus One (at&t)
    ROM: 2.2 w/root
    Recovery Amon-Ra 1.7.0
    ---

---
    HTC Evo 4g (sprint)
    ROM: SupererSonic 2.1
    Recovery ClockworkMod

just looked online...the lowest plan for 39.99 / month is 450 minutes plus 5.00 month for 200 messages and the lowest price data plan for a 'basic phone' is 15.00 / month

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links