Interesting conversation with AT&T rep

This is a discussion on Interesting conversation with AT&T rep within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; When i had my plan switched i called at&t to do it when i gave them the imei# they told me it was a unsupported ...

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 103

Thread: Interesting conversation with AT&T rep

  1. #21
    Member sparky_nexusone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    64
    When i had my plan switched i called at&t to do it when i gave them the imei# they told me it was a unsupported phone and it would be 10.00
    after reading some of the post i went to at&t today and talked to a rep she
    ck my account and imei# and said yes it's a 10.00 plan so i feel good about
    it if in doubt go to the store and talk to them face to face then you will know
    for sure




    GO SOONERS

  2. #22
    Senior Member judeeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    446
    I have called 3 times now and talked to 3 different reps for AT&T. they all say the same darn thing.

    I am going to call again on Monday and maybe hit the right person. Now they have it written down that I have a Nexus One. So each person I talk to sees it before I say anything. I don't know how the first guy knew I had a nexus one but he sure did. That is very annoying..lol

    I will go to an AT&T store and talk face to face if Monday's phone call doesn't work.

    Thanks to you all for your reply's!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Google Nexus One Froyo
    Rooted ~ CM 6RC3~ CM6.0 N1~ Nightlies ~
    Was Using~ eViL's NXSense v.1.21.3 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink
    Was Using~ MicroMod's 2.12 Desire SuperHybrid
    Was Using~ MicroMod's Gingerbread CM7 Custom ROM v1.2 (DT's-Ap2Ext,Bat%,Themed
    Was Using ~ BlackDroid's Nexus One - UD 3.1.0Rom
    Was Using ~ CM 7 Gingerbread Green or Blue ExtremeMod ROM
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S




  3. #23
    Android Lurker Snickolaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by judeeg View Post
    I have called 3 times now and talked to 3 different reps for AT&T. they all say the same darn thing.

    I am going to call again on Monday and maybe hit the right person. Now they have it written down that I have a Nexus One. So each person I talk to sees it before I say anything. I don't know how the first guy knew I had a nexus one but he sure did. That is very annoying..lol

    I will go to an AT&T store and talk face to face if Monday's phone call doesn't work.

    Thanks to you all for your reply's!
    You could always borrow somebody's basic phone for an hour or so. Then when you go into AT&T they'll see that and get the number from it and put you on the cheap plan. Not sure if they'll try to scan your account or anything after that to see if you switched back to a different phone though.

  4. #24
    Senior Member judeeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    446
    I went to facebooks AT&T page. Posted my question and talked to a rep. He called me. Told me they have done away with the 30 a month plan for smart phones. Now it is 50. Unlimited text included. Even if I don't run 3g the nexus one is still a smart phone. If I had a razr or older edge blackberry I could get the 30 dollar plan. Other wise I have to keep this plan. He also told me (without my asking, he must have known what I was thinking) that every month they run a scout or scan on the phones and can tell if someone has another phone other than the one they say they have. So...what to do, what to do..... Just pay it as long as I want the service or run out of money.
    Thanks for all your reply's!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Google Nexus One Froyo
    Rooted ~ CM 6RC3~ CM6.0 N1~ Nightlies ~
    Was Using~ eViL's NXSense v.1.21.3 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink
    Was Using~ MicroMod's 2.12 Desire SuperHybrid
    Was Using~ MicroMod's Gingerbread CM7 Custom ROM v1.2 (DT's-Ap2Ext,Bat%,Themed
    Was Using ~ BlackDroid's Nexus One - UD 3.1.0Rom
    Was Using ~ CM 7 Gingerbread Green or Blue ExtremeMod ROM
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S




  5. #25
    Android Lurker Snickolaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by judeeg View Post
    I went to facebooks AT&T page. Posted my question and talked to a rep. He called me. Told me they have done away with the 30 a month plan for smart phones. Now it is 50. Unlimited text included. Even if I don't run 3g the nexus one is still a smart phone. If I had a razr or older edge blackberry I could get the 30 dollar plan. Other wise I have to keep this plan. He also told me (without my asking, he must have known what I was thinking) that every month they run a scout or scan on the phones and can tell if someone has another phone other than the one they say they have. So...what to do, what to do..... Just pay it as long as I want the service or run out of money.
    Thanks for all your reply's!
    That's weird... I think he was just trying to sell you some more stuff. I just checked out their site and the $50 a month plan is call the Smartphone Personal Bundle plan. But they still have the $30 a month plan they call the Smartphone Personal plan. I doubt they will run a scan every month. They said they have been or are going to be doing that for a while now. I think it's just random...

    Get Started - Wireless from AT&T

  6. #26
    Senior Member judeeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    446
    Yes, you are right. They still have the 30 dollar bundle but not with the unlimited text for the SMART phone. I could get the web unlimited for 30 and then add unlimited text which comes back to the 50. lol If I use my razor I can get the 10 dollar web and add unlimited text which brings it back to 30. Soooooo I think I will try putting my sim in my razr,(when I feel I can part with my N1 for a few days), and then try to get the 30 dollar plan again... If I didn't have to have the unlimited text I would be ok. ha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Google Nexus One Froyo
    Rooted ~ CM 6RC3~ CM6.0 N1~ Nightlies ~
    Was Using~ eViL's NXSense v.1.21.3 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink
    Was Using~ MicroMod's 2.12 Desire SuperHybrid
    Was Using~ MicroMod's Gingerbread CM7 Custom ROM v1.2 (DT's-Ap2Ext,Bat%,Themed
    Was Using ~ BlackDroid's Nexus One - UD 3.1.0Rom
    Was Using ~ CM 7 Gingerbread Green or Blue ExtremeMod ROM
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S




  7. #27
    Senior Member VydorScope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    391
    My Nexus One arrived today...So I called AT&T and was like "i got a new phone, here's the IME number" and they were like "What's a phone?" LOL. Okay not quite, but they definitely COULD NOT identify my phone by the IME number. They even offered to let me drop the data plan. I said no to that. I acutally use data quite a bit, and they gave me the $30 unlimited messaging/data plan which is much cheaper then the Blackberry plan I had. Prbly save me around $20 a month. So in around 2 years phone pays for its self. Not bad. However if you want to get by with out the data plan its apparently possible just by telling them "its an unbranded phone". She never asked what phone beyond that. Website account manager does not list it either.

  8. #28
    Senior Member VydorScope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    391
    Those of you that got the cheaper data plan... do you have 3G? Someone on the AT$T forums is saying you have to get the smart phone plan ($30 for data, plus $20 for text) to get 3G. I do not have 3G in my town so no way to test...

  9. #29
    Android Lurker Snickolaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
    Those of you that got the cheaper data plan... do you have 3G? Someone on the AT$T forums is saying you have to get the smart phone plan ($30 for data, plus $20 for text) to get 3G. I do not have 3G in my town so no way to test...
    Yeah I have 3G when I'm at work, and that's when I called and got my plan changed. So I'm pretty sure that's a myth.

  10. #30
    Member jakkzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
    Those of you that got the cheaper data plan... do you have 3G? Someone on the AT$T forums is saying you have to get the smart phone plan ($30 for data, plus $20 for text) to get 3G. I do not have 3G in my town so no way to test...
    Whoever is giving this info about certain data plans are restrictive of 3g are idiots. It has nothing to do with your data plan.
    Nexus One (at&t)
    ROM: 2.2 w/root
    Recovery Amon-Ra 1.7.0
    ---

    ---
    HTC Evo 4g (sprint)
    ROM: SupererSonic 2.1
    Recovery ClockworkMod

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

at&t imei snooper
,
at&t snooper
,
cingular.nexus
,
http: nexus.cingular.net nexus
,
https://snooper.edc.cingular.net/snooper-ui/
,
nexu.cingular.net
,

nexus cingular

,

nexus cingular net

,

nexus.cingular.net

,
nexus.cingular.net/main
,
nexus.cingularr.net
,
snooper at&t
,
snooper att
,
snooper.edu.cingular.net/ui
,

www.nexus.cingular.net

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum