Interesting conversation with AT&T rep

This is a discussion on Interesting conversation with AT&T rep within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I just updated my at&t plan yesterday. Gave them the imei number, it came up as a unsupported phone. He asked what it was, I ...

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting conversation with AT&T rep

I just updated my at&t plan yesterday. Gave them the imei number, it came up as a unsupported phone. He asked what it was, I told him, then he suggested that I get the $10 a month unlimited data plan since it is a smart phone. At this point in time, I have 3g that is faster than any 3g speed test that I have done on 3 different iphones. All is well and I am saving $20 a month. Now to get the GF off of her iphone and onto a N1...

Russ

Using speed test by Ookla on my phone... i routinely get around 2.5-3 mbits down ; My friends droids have been getting 1.0 - 1.3 with Verizon 3G... so, I'm paying 3 times less for 3G that is 3 times faster. Sweet.

Ya, I used alot of data each month myself, so I'd like to change my plan to the $10/mo data, but I'm afraid that they'd say I was using too much data and charge me per kb/s, and it be way over the $30 that I'm already paying.... unless they don't really pay much attention how much data the $10/mo plans use, I use about 100 megs a month.

100 megs is no where near a lot of data....

Quote Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
    100 megs is no where near a lot of data....
    ya I just saw on their website that their "unlimited" plans actually mean "5G limit" so ya... it was crazy I looked at last month's usage and it was over 500 I was oh crap that's quite a bit, but in all reality it's not.

it just feels like I'm actually using a lot of data... hehe

:P

I will use around 2gb a month.
    Nexus One (at&t)
    ROM: 2.2 w/root
    Recovery Amon-Ra 1.7.0
    ---

---
    HTC Evo 4g (sprint)
    ROM: SupererSonic 2.1
    Recovery ClockworkMod

Okay guys I just gave this a try and it didn't work
    this is how the conversation went

I told the rep I got a new phone and gave him the IMEI # and I said I need a data package.
    He said for that phone the data package was $10/month
    I said awesome and he then began to add it to my phone by removing my old iphone plan.
    After a few moments he found he was not able to apply the $10 plan to my account, so he transferred me to a special tech.
    This special tech informed me that this phone is a google nexus one and it requires a $30/month data plan.
    I tried to explain that this phone isn't subsidized phone like iphone and I shouldn't have to pay $30 for data and she said there is nothing they can do blah blah

at the end of a long conversation I now have a HTC Goolge Nexus One added to my account with a new $30/month data plan

note: she did mention that they have a automated program that after a few hours or weeks would see if I was on a $10/month plan due to the network usage

Quote Originally Posted by dtox View Post
    okay guys i just gave this a try and it didn't work
    this is how the conversation went

i told the rep i got a new phone and gave him the imei # and i said i need a data package.
    He said for that phone the data package was $10/month
    i said awesome and he then began to add it to my phone by removing my old iphone plan.
    After a few moments he found he was not able to apply the $10 plan to my account, so he transferred me to a special tech.
    This special tech informed me that this phone is a google nexus one and it requires a $30/month data plan.
    I tried to explain that this phone isn't subsidized phone like iphone and i shouldn't have to pay $30 for data and she said there is nothing they can do blah blah

at the end of a long conversation i now have a htc goolge nexus one added to my account with a new $30/month data plan

note: She did mention that they have a automated program that after a few hours or weeks would see if i was on a $10/month plan due to the network usage
    same thing with me. They are not giving us a break at all. I don't even have 3g on att but the n1 is still faster than my 3g blackberry. So poohy on them!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Google Nexus One Froyo
    Rooted ~ CM 6RC3~ CM6.0 N1~ Nightlies ~
    Was Using~ eViL's NXSense v.1.21.3 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink
    Was Using~ MicroMod's 2.12 Desire SuperHybrid
    Was Using~ MicroMod's Gingerbread CM7 Custom ROM v1.2 (DT's-Ap2Ext,Bat%,Themed
    Was Using ~ BlackDroid's Nexus One - UD 3.1.0Rom
    Was Using ~ CM 7 Gingerbread Green or Blue ExtremeMod ROM
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

Very strange indeed. Sorry for your luck.
    Nexus One (at&t)
    ROM: 2.2 w/root
    Recovery Amon-Ra 1.7.0
    ---

---
    HTC Evo 4g (sprint)
    ROM: SupererSonic 2.1
    Recovery ClockworkMod

Man that stinks. So I guess its just luck of the draw when you call in to activate.

But yes, we only have EDGE here too, but my N1 blows my Blackberry out of the water in internet speed anyways... and thats with 2.1.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links