Interesting conversation with AT&T rep

This is a discussion on Interesting conversation with AT&T rep within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by DToX Okay guys I just gave this a try and it didn't work this is how the conversation went I told the ...

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting conversation with AT&T rep

Quote Originally Posted by DToX View Post
    Okay guys I just gave this a try and it didn't work
    this is how the conversation went

I told the rep I got a new phone and gave him the IMEI # and I said I need a data package.
    He said for that phone the data package was $10/month
    I said awesome and he then began to add it to my phone by removing my old iphone plan.
    After a few moments he found he was not able to apply the $10 plan to my account, so he transferred me to a special tech.
    This special tech informed me that this phone is a google nexus one and it requires a $30/month data plan.
    I tried to explain that this phone isn't subsidized phone like iphone and I shouldn't have to pay $30 for data and she said there is nothing they can do blah blah

at the end of a long conversation I now have a HTC Goolge Nexus One added to my account with a new $30/month data plan

note: she did mention that they have a automated program that after a few hours or weeks would see if I was on a $10/month plan due to the network usage
    This was me back in January! i was on a $15 unlimited data plan before, but since I started using the N1, i got a txt msg from at&t saying they've detected my phone as a smartphone, so they automatically switched me to the $30 data plan..... called the rep, told them the same thing you said.. that its an unsubsidized phone etc.... but said theres nothing they could do :\ and it sucks cuz i can't even get 3g.. edge is decent but for $30??? i dont have a choice though...

for the lucky people with $10 plan, did you guys buy your phone recently?..

Well it's day 4 for me right now using n1 and I've had the 15 dollar plan as well. So far they haven't detected it and I hope it stays that way. Once they do though ur best bet is to know a friend that works at att so they can hook it up lol, but other than that tough luck...

Quote Originally Posted by missnexus View Post
    for the lucky people with $10 plan, did you guys buy your phone recently?..
    I have the "$30 unlimited text/data" plan, and I guess my phone is almost a week old, and no problems so far. I called up and TOLD them what I had, did not hide at all, and this is the plan they gave me, so I probably be okay.
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

It sucks that some of you are getting hit with the $30 plan. I know att has a snooper that it runs in the night when most of us are asleep. I guess its only a matter of time before they can tell what we are using.
    As far as when I purchased my n1. It was the end of March.
    Nexus One (at&t)
    ROM: 2.2 w/root
    Recovery Amon-Ra 1.7.0
    ---

---
    HTC Evo 4g (sprint)
    ROM: SupererSonic 2.1
    Recovery ClockworkMod

ok just a heads up.. i just started a chat conversation with an at&t rep..... lets see what she says.

What did you find out?
    Nexus One (at&t)
    ROM: 2.2 w/root
    Recovery Amon-Ra 1.7.0
    ---

---
    HTC Evo 4g (sprint)
    ROM: SupererSonic 2.1
    Recovery ClockworkMod

Quote Originally Posted by tony862 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mbranscum View Post
    I had a Blackberry data plan when I ordered my N1 so when it came in I didin't change anything. I noticed when I went into a data app like the browser or Market Place that there would be a serious lag from the time I sent the request to when the plage would start pulling up. I'm talking sometimes 10-20 seconds. After the lag, the data would start to flow. It was almost like it was bottlenecked.

I know AT&T is picking up some N1 users and changing them to the $30 datat plan, but I didn't care. I called and spoke to a rep. Told her I was using a Google N1 and gave her the IMEI number. She said it appears you have a non-branded AT&T phone and are eligible for the $10 data plan which is what she put me on. No I do not have the lag when I try to pull up a web page.
    I have the same plan,and the rep told me the same thing......
    I moved from a Blackberry Bold ($30/mo) to an N1 (unlocked) and the AT&T phone rep told me it was a lateral move (same price/no difference), but also no added charges; unlimited data and would include tethering if that becomes an N1 reality.

When I got mine added to Att..I had mine with me at a main att store..so i told her what it was, she informed me it was a smartphone (duh) and would be $30.00 a month.

No biggie but while she was putting all the info in (was also doing 2 other basic phones..1 for wife and 1 for her mom) I had quite a few workers come over and wanted to see my N1. Felt real good knowing there was a REAL phone in a att store and not Icrap stuff that they sell all the time (got a few Ooo's and Aahhh's.)

Also too if they really want to jack things up.. that is where you start looking at fine print since Att really dose not sell the N1 so I am sure alot of their add ons is for phones that they SELL.. different in what you sell and what you dont sell in store.

Quote Originally Posted by jakkzen View Post
    What did you find out?
    argh! Well i ended up calling at&t. Asked them to remove the smartphone data plan, and replace it with the $10 one. It went thru, so I was all happy because the first few times i called, they couldn't even change it in the system. So i thought yay... then today, i got that dreading text from at&t again..saying a smartphone plan is required, so they changed it again.

oh well I tried... for the fifth time. i guess some of us are just lucky bstrds! lol i guess the bright side is, i got this phone as a gift (my gf works for google)

Quote Originally Posted by missnexus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jakkzen View Post
    What did you find out?
    argh! Well i ended up calling at&t. Asked them to remove the smartphone data plan, and replace it with the $10 one. It went thru, so I was all happy because the first few times i called, they couldn't even change it in the system. So i thought yay... then today, i got that dreading text from at&t again..saying a smartphone plan is required, so they changed it again.

oh well I tried... for the fifth time. i guess some of us are just lucky bstrds! lol i guess the bright side is, i got this phone as a gift (my gf works for google)
    How long did it take for you to get the text message? I've been using the $10 plan for a week now and haven't gotten anything. In fact, my old phone keeps showing up on the ATT website as my current device even though I keep marking it as "not my device"

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links