Interesting conversation with AT&T rep

This is a discussion on Interesting conversation with AT&T rep within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by Abrupt Demise Originally Posted by missnexus Originally Posted by jakkzen What did you find out? argh! Well i ended up calling at&t. ...

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting conversation with AT&T rep

Quote Originally Posted by Abrupt Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by missnexus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jakkzen View Post
    What did you find out?
    argh! Well i ended up calling at&t. Asked them to remove the smartphone data plan, and replace it with the $10 one. It went thru, so I was all happy because the first few times i called, they couldn't even change it in the system. So i thought yay... then today, i got that dreading text from at&t again..saying a smartphone plan is required, so they changed it again.

oh well I tried... for the fifth time. i guess some of us are just lucky bstrds! lol i guess the bright side is, i got this phone as a gift (my gf works for google)
    How long did it take for you to get the text message? I've been using the $10 plan for a week now and haven't gotten anything. In fact, my old phone keeps showing up on the ATT website as my current device even though I keep marking it as "not my device"
    I called yesterday afternoon, and I got the text this morning. So just a matter of hours. My assumption would be that AT&T has not obtained a list of IMEI's for new nexus phones... yet.

I got my N1 late in December, but I got the first text in late January.... around the time google did the ota update on the n1.. (multi-touch, etc..)

So do you a unlocked T-Mobile n1? Because the att version wasn't out in December. I wonder if that has something to do with it? The reason I ask is I had a unlocked T-Mobile hd2 and they kept hitting my second line with the $30 data plan. Maybe it has to do with T-Mobile phones on att.
    Nexus One (at&t)
    ROM: 2.2 w/root
    Recovery Amon-Ra 1.7.0
    ---

---
    HTC Evo 4g (sprint)
    ROM: SupererSonic 2.1
    Recovery ClockworkMod

All N1's are unlocked. All of them. Every one.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    I realize that. But... if all of the people getting hit with the $30 smartphone data plan have a T-Mobile 3g nexus one. This could be the difference in why att 3g nexus ones do not.

The T-Mobile version was actually registered on their network. Where the att version was not. It was just sold and supports att 3g.
    Nexus One (at&t)
    ROM: 2.2 w/root
    Recovery Amon-Ra 1.7.0
    ---

---
    HTC Evo 4g (sprint)
    ROM: SupererSonic 2.1
    Recovery ClockworkMod

Quote Originally Posted by jakkzen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    I realize that. But... if all of the people getting hit with the $30 smartphone data plan have a T-Mobile 3g nexus one. This could be the difference in why att 3g nexus ones do not.

The T-Mobile version was actually registered on their network. Where the att version was not. It was just sold and supports att 3g.
    that makes sense... i did come across a forum that said at&t obtained the IMEI's of the n1 when it first came out...... but thats pretty stupid on at&t's part. I would think it should be the other way around, since people with the at&t version would use more data because of 3g.. i'm only getting edge on mine (since its the tmobile version (gf works for google)... but i'm not going to complain anymore lol. glad some of us gets a break from all these stupid fees.!

If you have the cheaper data plan then why are you guys letting em know you're using the N1. Come on guys...if they don't ask then you don't tell. Don't let them know you're using a smart phone, and they won't charge you the rate of a smart phone, plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Airflare View Post
    If you have the cheaper data plan then why are you guys letting em know you're using the N1. Come on guys...if they don't ask then you don't tell. Don't let them know you're using a smart phone, and they won't charge you the rate of a smart phone, plain and simple.
    Do you really think that they can't tell what type of phone that you're connecting to their network?

I'm sure that they can.

At the moment no. So don't be so quick to let em know, that's all I'm saying...Don't give them a reason to check and they won't check, duh.

I am one who knows for a fact that they know what phone you are using. At least the person I talked to at AT&T knew what I was talking on. I never said a word about it. He told me! I was not going to mention it at all, just wanted to change from BB package to a cheaper one. I was told I couldn't because I was still using a smart phone. So, I am here to say, Some of them DO know what you are talking on. Wish I had gotten hold of one who didn't......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Google Nexus One Froyo
    Rooted ~ CM 6RC3~ CM6.0 N1~ Nightlies ~
    Was Using~ eViL's NXSense v.1.21.3 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink
    Was Using~ MicroMod's 2.12 Desire SuperHybrid
    Was Using~ MicroMod's Gingerbread CM7 Custom ROM v1.2 (DT's-Ap2Ext,Bat%,Themed
    Was Using ~ BlackDroid's Nexus One - UD 3.1.0Rom
    Was Using ~ CM 7 Gingerbread Green or Blue ExtremeMod ROM
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

Quote Originally Posted by Airflare View Post
    At the moment no. So don't be so quick to let em know, that's all I'm saying...Don't give them a reason to check and they won't check, duh.
    All the carriers need to do is examine the browser header packets to know if you're tethering or not...ATT and others that charge $$ for this already do this. TMO may eventually do it too, but it's currently a loss-leader to them, along with their HSPA+ rollout, which carries no premium price to enjoy.

edit: sorry, I thought this was a tethering discussion! LOL! Oh, and yes, they can also tell what unit you're using.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links