Interesting conversation with AT&T rep

This is a discussion on Interesting conversation with AT&T rep within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Thought I would ask for opinions here before I call at&t and screw up a good thing I just signed up the 5-28 and got ...

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting conversation with AT&T rep

?

Thought I would ask for opinions here before I call at&t and screw up a good thing
    I just signed up the 5-28 and got the $15 data unfortunately I gave them my IMEI and today I got the dreaded text that I was being moved to $30 data.
    Called the local store and they removed the ( model number ?) from my account and put me back on the $15 plan. Verified it on my att page
    Now are they just going to catch this again later and move me to another plan?
    If they are likely to catch it then I might as well just call and switch to the 30 unlimited now before they force me on one of the capped plans
    I get a discount on $30 and up plans so the 2 gig & the $30 unlimited would end up about the same.
    I don't use 2 gig but if I'm going to end up paying I might as well have unlimited

I never gave them my imei and got the text 2 weeks later. I say get the 30 dollar plan to keep the 5 gigabyte grandfather clause.

Thanks for the info?
    Didnt know that had a 5 gig limit
    Locked in the $30 plan now I dont have to worry
    Guy at the store told me they would have caught the other wrong plan
    eventually through the data usage
    Hope the others dont get caught and end up on limited

Quote Originally Posted by tlgem View Post
    Thanks for the info?
    Do you have the AT&T version of N1?

I used 800 mb last month and got the text, my wife (also an N1, purchased 3 weeks before mine) has not got the text yet, she uses around 200 mb though.
    I'm going to leave her plan alone and switch mine to the $30 plan.

Hmmm... looks like they are starting to recognize the AT&T N1 as a smartphone....

I've been following this thread for about three weeks. About two weeks ago I decided to listen to some of the advice that was posted here and went ahead and called AT&T to get my data plan cost reduced to $10. I was so excited when it worked! The rep did ask what phone I had and I tried to be vague... I told her I had an Android phone and left it at that.

So I've had the $10 data plan for two weeks... but then this morning I got a text from AT&T saying that my "smart phone" required a $30 data plan. I called an AT&T rep and she confirmed that I've been automatically moved back to the Unlimited Data Plan. She did say that I would be able to keep the $30 unlimited plan even when AT&T's new data plans start. She also confirmed that if I ever decided to switch to one of their new data plans starting next week, I wouldn't be able to come back. I told her I'll stick with the unlimited $30 plan for the foreseeable future.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by ryucheese View Post
    I've been following this thread for about three weeks. About two weeks ago I decided to listen to some of the advice that was posted here and went ahead and called AT&T to get my data plan cost reduced to $10. I was so excited when it worked! The rep did ask what phone I had and I tried to be vague... I told her I had an Android phone and left it at that.

So I've had the $10 data plan for two weeks... but then this morning I got a text from AT&T saying that my "smart phone" required a $30 data plan. I called an AT&T rep and she confirmed that I've been automatically moved back to the Unlimited Data Plan. She did say that I would be able to keep the $30 unlimited plan even when AT&T's new data plans start. She also confirmed that if I ever decided to switch to one of their new data plans starting next week, I wouldn't be able to come back. I told her I'll stick with the unlimited $30 plan for the foreseeable future.
    I also got the same text this morning,i had a $10 data plan

Its only a matter of time I guess.
    Nexus One (at&t)
    ROM: 2.2 w/root
    Recovery Amon-Ra 1.7.0
    ---

---
    HTC Evo 4g (sprint)
    ROM: SupererSonic 2.1
    Recovery ClockworkMod

Quote Originally Posted by tlgem View Post
    Thanks for the info?
    The "unlimited" (for $30) plan is actually limited to 5 GB per month.

The reason I recommended you get it is that, on monday, att will be changing the plan from 5 GB to 2 GB (and dropping it to $25) while allowing those on the 30 dollar and 5 GB plan to keep that plan until you change it.

So for 5 more dollars we can keep our higher limits.

I was about to jump off the $10 dollar ship anyway though as I could see ATT making some changes to that after the scheduled changes and I didn't want to get stuck with the 2GB plan.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links