Interesting conversation with AT&T rep

This is a discussion on Interesting conversation with AT&T rep within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Do you have the AT&T version of N1?[/QUOTE] Yes I do...

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Interesting conversation with AT&T rep

Do you have the AT&T version of N1?[/QUOTE]

Yes I do

Quote Originally Posted by Abrupt Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tlgem View Post
    Thanks for the info?
    Didnt know that had a 5 gig limit
    Locked in the $30 plan now I dont have to worry
    Guy at the store told me they would have caught the other wrong plan
    eventually through the data usage
    Hope the others dont get caught and end up on limited
    The "unlimited" (for $30) plan is actually limited to 5 GB per month.

The reason I recommended you get it is that, on monday, att will be changing the plan from 5 GB to 2 GB (and dropping it to $25) while allowing those on the 30 dollar and 5 GB plan to keep that plan until you change it.

So for 5 more dollars we can keep our higher limits.

I was about to jump off the $10 dollar ship anyway though as I could see ATT making some changes to that after the scheduled changes and I didn't want to get stuck with the 2GB plan.

I'm not sure if this is actually the case. According to Gizmodo, phone data is truly unlimited. It's the tethering data only that gets restricted to 5 gigs. Look at their little chart...?

http://gizmodo.com/5553418/att-just-...in-the-process

PS
    , for the record my plan was switched yesterday too . I was told my sim card now recognizes my phone as a smartphone. Which means their systems now recognize the N1, even though it's not a supported AT&T device.

Quote Originally Posted by fiercefire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tlgem View Post
    Thanks for the info?
    Didnt know that had a 5 gig limit
    Locked in the $30 plan now I dont have to worry
    Guy at the store told me they would have caught the other wrong plan
    eventually through the data usage
    Hope the others dont get caught and end up on limited
    The "unlimited" (for $30) plan is actually limited to 5 GB per month.

The reason I recommended you get it is that, on monday, att will be changing the plan from 5 GB to 2 GB (and dropping it to $25) while allowing those on the 30 dollar and 5 GB plan to keep that plan until you change it.

So for 5 more dollars we can keep our higher limits.

I was about to jump off the $10 dollar ship anyway though as I could see ATT making some changes to that after the scheduled changes and I didn't want to get stuck with the 2GB plan.

I'm not sure if this is actually the case. According to Gizmodo, phone data is truly unlimited. It's the tethering data only that gets restricted to 5 gigs. Look at their little chart...?

AT&T Just Killed Unlimited Wireless Data (and Screwed Everybody in the Process)

PS
    , for the record my plan was switched yesterday too . I was told my sim card now recognizes my phone as a smartphone. Which means their systems now recognize the N1, even though it's not a supported AT&T device.

Gizmo is wrong, it only takes a simple reading terms of the plans to see that "unlimited" has always meant 5gb. Or at least for the last several years it has. Its what the * means in their advertising.
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Mayb it also depends on how much you use. I have been on the $10 data plan since I bought my first smart phone from AT&T (ok, probably 1 month after I got the phone, so I've had the $10 plan on a smart phone for more than 1 year). Have done tethering too (on both phones), but no sms so far to say I've been upgraded. My previous phone was AT&T locked LG CT810 (aka Incite) with subsidy for the contract, bought from AT&T without any compulsory data plan. But I have to say I don't use mobile internet that much. Not sure how accurate Netcounter is on N1, but it shows that I used like 800 MB of data from April till now, which about 400 MB per month (I use wifi at work and at home) and probably use much less with my previous phone. Though I use more tethering if I'm travelling (if hotel does not have free wifi) or on road trips. I have had my N1 since the AT&T version surfaced (ok, maybe a few days after it surfaced).

So I guess they only do sweeps on the IMEI if you exceed a certain usage and not sweeps on every phone on their network using the $10 data plan.

Quote Originally Posted by fone View Post
    Mayb it also depends on how much you use. I have been on the $10 data plan since I bought my first smart phone from AT&T (ok, probably 1 month after I got the phone, so I've had the $10 plan on a smart phone for more than 1 year). Have done tethering too (on both phones), but no sms so far to say I've been upgraded. My previous phone was AT&T locked LG CT810 (aka Incite) with subsidy for the contract, bought from AT&T without any compulsory data plan. But I have to say I don't use mobile internet that much. Not sure how accurate Netcounter is on N1, but it shows that I used like 800 MB of data from April till now, which about 400 MB per month (I use wifi at work and at home) and probably use much less with my previous phone. Though I use more tethering if I'm travelling (if hotel does not have free wifi) or on road trips. I have had my N1 since the AT&T version surfaced (ok, maybe a few days after it surfaced).

So I guess they only do sweeps on the IMEI if you exceed a certain usage and not sweeps on every phone on their network using the $10 data plan.
    I'd only used about 200MB when I got the text, so my usage wasn't high. I use my wifi whenever I'm home. I think they just updated the list of Nexus IMEIs.

If you are able to keep the $10 data plan, more power to you. I would have likely jumped ship anyway after hearing about their 2GB limit plan.

I'd only used about 200MB when I got the text, so my usage wasn't high. I use my wifi whenever I'm home. I think they just updated the list of Nexus IMEIs.

If you are able to keep the $10 data plan, more power to you. I would have likely jumped ship anyway after hearing about their 2GB limit plan.
    Hmm, then maybe my conclusion is wrong. Even if they updated N1 IMEIs, they still need to match it with those with the $10 data plans which they have not done so for my phone and my N1 is not one of the "newer" ones, it should be the first batch of N1s with the AT&T 3G antenna, so any IMEIs sent over should have included mine too. Not sure if this helps but I'm on some corporate discount rate.

When I got the boot back to the $30 plan, I was told that after the 7th, everyone either moves back to the $30 unlimited (if you had it before), or you get moved into the new data plans. I am even have the family share plan and I still got the boot. I spoke to a manager at the call center and he said that since I was on the $30 unlimited, I can move back. If I wasn't on that plan before, I would get moved to the new data plans once they go live with them. So they were contacting the people who can move back and it sounded like everyone else just gets bumped to the new data plans on or after the 7th when they roll out>

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by WRX1 View Post
    When I got the boot back to the $30 plan, I was told that after the 7th, everyone either moves back to the $30 unlimited (if you had it before), or you get moved into the new data plans. I am even have the family share plan and I still got the boot. I spoke to a manager at the call center and he said that since I was on the $30 unlimited, I can move back. If I wasn't on that plan before, I would get moved to the new data plans once they go live with them. So they were contacting the people who can move back and it sounded like everyone else just gets bumped to the new data plans on or after the 7th when they roll out>

Russ
    Yeah, it's really strange. I questioned them because a month ago (when I first got my phone)the tech said i was on the correct plan at $15, but less than a month later they switch me to the $30. She didn't have an answer for that. I'll just consider myself lucky I can stick with my unlimited plan (for now) because 200 megs would be useless to me haha.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX1 View Post

Russ
    I never had the $30 plan, so that could explain why I was not moved to the $30 data plan yet, though I will be terminating my line in July, so not too much difference for me.

So much for 2 year contracts

Well, it seems obvious that contracts with AT&T are only written in one direction: that of AT&T's. Another reason why I'll never go back to 2 year contractually subsidized phones. Android rules.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links