AT&T making changes to their data plans...

This is a discussion on AT&T making changes to their data plans... within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; AT&T makes sweeping changes to data plans, iPhone tethering coming at OS 4 launch -- Engadget I just read this, thought maybe you guys would ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AT&T making changes to their data plans...

AT&T making changes to their data plans...

AT&T makes sweeping changes to data plans, iPhone tethering coming at OS 4 launch -- Engadget

I just read this, thought maybe you guys would want to see it too. Basically we are grandfathered in to the unlimited plan, but if for some reason they decide they want to change it we'll see a $5 cut in price. But also limited to 2GB of data...

But they never did mention what they are going to do for the "messaging" phones that either pay $15 or $10 if you have the unlimited texting. But with our sweet Nexus phones we should be grandfathered in for quite some time.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm taking my current $30 unlimited plan to the grave with me. The cloud is getting closer and closer which is reducing my need for local storage. With my N1 I stream my music from Pandora, my podcasts from Listen and my pictures from Picasa. Thats a lot of data! I don't think 2GB is going to cut it.

Looks like I'm gonna let go of my $30 REQUIRED unlimited data plan and get the $15 = 200MB instead. I use WIFI for the most part, and checked my data usage trend, and its sitting just below 200mb the last 3 months. Mainly because I only get Edge (as I'm using a tmobile version of N1). And it also mentioned that they will give users alerts if they are close to their limit cap.

Quote Originally Posted by missnexus View Post
    Looks like I'm gonna let go of my $30 REQUIRED unlimited data plan and get the $15 = 200MB instead. I use WIFI for the most part, and checked my data usage trend, and its sitting just below 200mb the last 3 months. Mainly because I only get Edge (as I'm using a tmobile version of N1). And it also mentioned that they will give users alerts if they are close to their limit cap.
    Well I am keeping my $30.00 a month thru ATT for as long as I can.. I use my N1 alot so I am happy to be grandfathered in Plus with the ablity to tether for quite a while.. pfffft ATT can see my middle finger as I use my N1 and laugh.

AT&T users can keep $30 unlimited data when upgrading phones... unless they want tethering -- Engadget

Here's some more news on it, apparently you can still keep the $30 a month plan even if you do get a new phone, it's just when you want to get their tethering option... But then again lets see them stop our Nexus phones from tethering.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Munchausen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by missnexus View Post
    Well I am keeping my $30.00 a month thru ATT for as long as I can.. I use my N1 alot so I am happy to be grandfathered in Plus with the ablity to tether for quite a while.. pfffft ATT can see my middle finger as I use my N1 and laugh.
    If I got 3g, it would have been a different story...

i don't get the whole tethering deal though, ive used PDAnet to tether in the past with my N1, I had great use of it before, until our office got a wifi... before my n1, i had n97, which was a breeze to set up to tether (compared to n1).. wonder why at&t is now recognizing it?.. i guess more people are using it now..

I'll be keeping my $15 unlimited data plan

Quote Originally Posted by fiercefire View Post
    I'll be keeping my $15 unlimited data plan
    I plan to keep my $30 unlimited data/messaging plan for as long as I possibly can. Yes Im on edge, and use mostly wifi, but I also travel a lot and do not want to worry about my usage...
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

I'm unclear about this change to the data plan. Is this going to affect the data/web access I get with the normal browse feature on the N1, or does it only relate to data used while tethering? Meaning WiFi?

If its for all market and browing, not to mention updating of files, gps updates, etc, then this is a serious reason to drop AT&T as soon as they stop honoring existing contracts. The amount of data included is ridiculous, hitting the browser button by mistake could almost use that up. If its just WiFi, I can manage to live without it.

<<updated 1344>>
    Just check my data usage. I've only had the phone 6 days and I'm at 96.12mb data usage. Yep, going to get chewed up fast. AND my phone sits idle 10 hours every day while I'm at work since I can't have it with me.

Quote Originally Posted by niqueh View Post
    I'm unclear about this change to the data plan. Is this going to affect the data/web access I get with the normal browse feature on the N1, or does it only relate to data used while tethering? Meaning WiFi?

If its for all market and browing, not to mention updating of files, gps updates, etc, then this is a serious reason to drop AT&T as soon as they stop honoring existing contracts. The amount of data included is ridiculous, hitting the browser button by mistake could almost use that up. If its just WiFi, I can manage to live without it.

<<updated 1344>>
    Just check my data usage. I've only had the phone 6 days and I'm at 96.12mb data usage. Yep, going to get chewed up fast. AND my phone sits idle 10 hours every day while I'm at work since I can't have it with me.
    Just stick to the $30 unlimited plan. The new date plans (which start next week) won't affect people who already have $30 unlimited... only new customers who sign up with AT&T.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links