Can i upgrade so i use my att sim 3g in my nexusone

This is a discussion on Can i upgrade so i use my att sim 3g in my nexusone within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I bought my nexusone when it came up, can i install a program or something so i can use my nexusone 3g with my att ...

Thread: Can i upgrade so i use my att sim 3g in my nexusone

Can i upgrade so i use my att sim 3g in my nexusone

I bought my nexusone when it came up, can i install a program or something so i can use my nexusone 3g with my att sim card?
    I getting tire too slow!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I think you are saying you have the first N1? If that is true, then no, there is no software (that i know of) that will give you 3g on AT&T. This is a hardware issue. The hardware in the phone is set to transmit on certain frequencies. You would need a new phone.

Ok thank you

I wonder what is froyo o root?
    Is that is like a jailbreaking with the iphone?
    I lost my iphone 3g and i bought this one but i am not too familiar with this nexusone.

Froyo is the next version of the Android OS. It will not improve your data speeds. Froyo does have some local performance improvements, so your phone will display some web pages faster and execute some applications faster.

Rooting is a method for you to install non-official versions of the OS on your phone. Again, this will not improve your data speeds. It will allow you to do some neat things with your phone. For example, right now you can have later versions of the Android OS, have the roller ball flash colors, and use your phone to connect your computer to the Internet.

Your T-Mobile enabled phone data rate is controlled by the radio. A bad analogy is like, having a radio in your car that is only AM. No way you could listen to FM because you don't have the right type of receiver. (Yes, I know, what are the odds of someone under 40 understanding this analogy ).

Yes, Rooting is similar to Jail-breaking an iPhone although Google doesn't even try to stop Rooting an Android phone.

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

djb
    Quote Originally Posted by nexus104 View Post
    Hi why don't. You come over to simple mobile they are a part of T-Mobile you pay 60.00 no contract. You get unlimited. Web,text. And talk.
    This user appears to be just a shill for simple mobile...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links