Curious call from AT&T

This is a discussion on Curious call from AT&T within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Just got a call from AT&T? wanting to know what phone I'm using because they supposedly need to put a code in there system so ...

Thread: Curious call from AT&T

Curious call from AT&T

Just got a call from AT&T? wanting to know what phone I'm using because they supposedly need to put a code in there system so my phone works properly? Waiting for a call back will update

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

What a load of crap. There are only two phones they NEED to know if you are using, and that is blackberry and iPhone. Blackberry because data goes through blackberry servers, and iPhone because, well its an iPhone and the account needs to be setup as such.

They probably arent able to figure it out with their sniffer and want to make sure they have you on the correct data plan for the device. Bastards.
    Jason
    Nexus One

You SURE it was AT&T? I would call them back at their published phone number and make sure before I gave them any information.
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Quote Originally Posted by tlgem View Post
    Just got a call from AT&T? wanting to know what phone I'm using because they supposedly need to put a code in there system so my phone works properly? Waiting for a call back will update
    Are you using the 'proper' data plan?

Just got back from the AT&T store
    A while after I hung up from the call I got a txt message
    " Smartphone is active! A data plan is required & if omitted, will be added to your account. for more details see your sales rep"
    Im thinking what the heck is going on here they seem to be freaking cause they dont know what phone Im using
    So I went to the store and they couldn't understand the txt or why someone would call me direct about the phone?
    They did check and the call was from AT&T and someone (name omitted) did access my account
    My account has the $30 data and is supposed to be OK.
    Just signed up on 5-28 so I took the $30 one so they dont stick me with a capped plan.
    I had them document this whole thing on my account
    The guy never called me back to explain the code thing like he said he would so we will see what happens.

Not the end of the world just a pain

Sounds to me the person calling you was trying to make some money.
    Nexus One (at&t)
    ROM: 2.2 w/root
    Recovery Amon-Ra 1.7.0
    ---

---
    HTC Evo 4g (sprint)
    ROM: SupererSonic 2.1
    Recovery ClockworkMod

Sounds like they are all freaking out over there at AT&T to make sure they are charging everyone as much as possible. I started on a $10 family data plan. After four months they said i no longer qualify for that and it was a "mistake" they put me on it in the first place. They then put me on the $15 data plan.

Four months later I get my N1, call AT&T to make sure I'm on the right plan. No problems. It's not until last week they automatically put me on the $30 plan without calling me. I wish they would get their act together.

I already went through that one
    Signed up 5-28-10 at the store for $15 data (even the person at the AT&T store couldn't explain the difference between the 15 unlimited & 30 unlimited plans) so I took the $15 plan (I dont tether & the phone has wifi)
    2 days later I got a txt that I need a smartphone $30 data plan and they are changing it for me (I didnt know there is a clause in the Terms & conditions that allows them to do this)
    Whats right is right but at least they could have better defined the 2 plans to begin with
    AT&T is better than the service that I came from so I will pay the extra
    Its just the principal that they are playing around cause Im not using a subsidized AT&T phone

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links