Question for Tetherers - AT&T N1

This is a discussion on Question for Tetherers - AT&T N1 within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Has anyone here tried regularly tethering their N1 on the standard smartphone data plan (using either PDANet or 2.2's built-in functionality)? And If so, have ...

Thread: Question for Tetherers - AT&T N1

Question for Tetherers - AT&T N1

Has anyone here tried regularly tethering their N1 on the standard smartphone data plan (using either PDANet or 2.2's built-in functionality)? And If so, have they figured it out, and put you on a tethering plan?

I'm considering picking up an N1, but don't see any reason to pay an extra $20/mo for the exact same data, through the exact same device. If buying an unsubsidized phone will get me around the monthly "convenience fee" it'd be easier for me to justify the $530.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

They can't tell the difference between tether data and cellphone data. However, if they see a huge spike they are likely to question you. However, once Froyo comes out data will skyrocket anyway with the release of flash. So I personally plan to wait (on this phone) until then.

I have used it a few times using PDAnet and having it connected to my laptop. No problems.

But if I did that daily and played games or whatever then yeah that would raise a few eyebrows and I probably would get a email..

So if you use it casually then your fine.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links