Froyo killed texting.

This is a discussion on Froyo killed texting. within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by Beer Goggles Originally Posted by sparky I understanding what you are saying i spent 2hrs on sunday with google and htc trying ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Froyo killed texting.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky View Post
    I understanding what you are saying i spent 2hrs on sunday with google and htc trying to get it fixed sometimes it works sometimes not htc thought it was a glitch in the phone they replaced the phone on wensday
    i got a new sim from at&t put it in the new replacement phone and all was well on 2.1 then i did the ota to frf91 and now the same problem i have no
    apps except what came on the phone i don't think it is 2.2 but the last update to 91 seems where it is. it may be a at&t glitch in me aera but my other n1 on 2.1 is fine but at&t will never tell
    Well... if it's not FroYo and it's not the phone.... it must be Oklahoma :rofl3:
    I promise you fix it and i'll quit rooten for the sooners

Quote Originally Posted by sparky View Post
    I understanding what you are saying i spent 2hrs on sunday with google and htc trying to get it fixed sometimes it works sometimes not htc thought it was a glitch in the phone they replaced the phone on wensday
    i got a new sim from at&t put it in the new replacement phone and all was well on 2.1 then i did the ota to frf91 and now the same problem i have no
    apps except what came on the phone i don't think it is 2.2 but the last update to 91 seems where it is. it may be a at&t glitch in me aera but my other n1 on 2.1 is fine but at&t will never tell
    Well... if it's not FroYo and it's not the phone.... it must be Oklahoma :rofl3:
    It could be Oklahoma... that's a very good possibility! The rule we have when we visit our friend in Texas is there's no stopping in Oklahoma. I stopped there once around 3AM to find a bathroom, then I got pulled over for looking suspicious... Waited a good 30 minutes while the cop had my ID and was talking on his phone. Before I found the bathroom!

You guys must be related to iphoneslayer he always gives me a hard time
    for living in Oklahoma.:rofl3: But as you have noticed i did not let him fall in the
    ocean

This thread drifted off topic quickly.

Still no ideas for non-working text messaging? Nobody else with this problem?

I guess I should call HTC.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerf View Post

You give practically no information to go on. You have FroYo. So do many other who don't have this problem.

What messaging app are you using?
    Have you tried others?
    What carrier are you using?

My main point was that FroYo works fine, so your problem is something else. You need to figure out what that is by eliminating issues one by one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerf View Post

You give practically no information to go on. You have FroYo. So do many other who don't have this problem.

What messaging app are you using?
    Have you tried others?
    What carrier are you using?

My main point was that FroYo works fine, so your problem is something else. You need to figure out what that is by eliminating issues one by one.
    There really isn't any more information to go on that I haven't given. We're in the AT&T forum here so the carrier should be fairly obvious. It's a new Nexus One updated to FRF91 with the OTA file (update.zip method). There are no additional apps installed, I'm using the default messaging app, and text messaging works fine if I put the sim card back in my iphone.

It simply doesn't work on the Nexus One - no incoming or outgoing texts.

I'm just trying to find out of anyone else has experienced this and/or knows a fix.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links