Froyo killed texting.

This is a discussion on Froyo killed texting. within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Since updating to Froyo FRF91 I am unable to send or receive texts. My iPhone still can. I've tried a hard reset and modifying APN ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Froyo killed texting.

Froyo killed texting.

Since updating to Froyo FRF91 I am unable to send or receive texts. My iPhone still can. I've tried a hard reset and modifying APN settings with various suggestions I've seen while researching this problem, but to no avail.

Anyone have any ideas?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Its good to hear your Iphone still works. Lol!

Is your N1 rooted?

How did you update it?
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Mine is still working like a champ! I manually updated to Froyo when I saw it was posted with an AT&T link. Then I got that second little update from OTA. I read about that one on my phone and a couple seconds later I had a message to update... Kind of creepy...

But all and all my texting and MMSing have been working just fine since then.

I am not rooted, and updated the same was as Snickolaz above.

Well mine worked fine till the frf91 now i have no 3g data only 2g and wifi
    it shows 3g but can't find data what now. Google is on my s**t list

I hate to even get into this, but here I go anyway.....

These smart-phones are complex beasts and we must keep our heads on straight if we are to determine why something does not work properly. We need to reason logically and not get caught up in the emotion of a problem.

Firstly, there are TONS of people using FroYo without issue. This tells us that these types of problems are NOT inherent in FroYo and that there needs to be some other explanation for the problem.

I believe that most of these kinds for problems are caused by some installed application or combination of applications.

I know that this does not immediately solve your problem, but I think that people need to quit freaking out when they upgrade the OS and assume that the OS itself is at fault.

That's right. Most of the time, the culprit is malfunctioned app, settings, and maybe... I said maybe due to poor data transmition via OTA. Who knows right? **** happen... We rooted people sometimes Fakap too due to bad download. I mean Rom, radio with bad checksum... But nand backup always save the day... :-}

Anyway, I am running FRF91... not a single problem, and currently happy surfing the net with wifi speed of 72mbps...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    I hate to even get into this, but here I go anyway.....

These smart-phones are complex beasts and we must keep our heads on straight if we are to determine why something does not work properly. We need to reason logically and not get caught up in the emotion of a problem.

Firstly, there are TONS of people using FroYo without issue. This tells us that these types of problems are NOT inherent in FroYo and that there needs to be some other explanation for the problem.

I believe that most of these kinds for problems are caused by some installed application or combination of applications.

I know that this does not immediately solve your problem, but I think that people need to quit freaking out when they upgrade the OS and assume that the OS itself is at fault.
    I understanding what you are saying i spent 2hrs on sunday with google and htc trying to get it fixed sometimes it works sometimes not htc thought it was a glitch in the phone they replaced the phone on wensday
    i got a new sim from at&t put it in the new replacement phone and all was well on 2.1 then i did the ota to frf91 and now the same problem i have no
    apps except what came on the phone i don't think it is 2.2 but the last update to 91 seems where it is. it may be a at&t glitch in me aera but my other n1 on 2.1 is fine but at&t will never tell

Quote Originally Posted by sparky View Post
    I understanding what you are saying i spent 2hrs on sunday with google and htc trying to get it fixed sometimes it works sometimes not htc thought it was a glitch in the phone they replaced the phone on wensday
    i got a new sim from at&t put it in the new replacement phone and all was well on 2.1 then i did the ota to frf91 and now the same problem i have no
    apps except what came on the phone i don't think it is 2.2 but the last update to 91 seems where it is. it may be a at&t glitch in me aera but my other n1 on 2.1 is fine but at&t will never tell
    Well... if it's not FroYo and it's not the phone.... it must be Oklahoma :rofl3:

See... told you... Stuff happen.. xD

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links