can't use web while on a call?

This is a discussion on can't use web while on a call? within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; So I tried surfing the web while on a call and noticed the E (for edge) icon was not there on the taskbar. Soon as ...

Thread: can't use web while on a call?

can't use web while on a call?

So I tried surfing the web while on a call and noticed the E (for edge) icon was not there on the taskbar. Soon as I end the call, it reappeared. Does that mean we can't use internet while on a call?

It only works if you're connected thru WiFi... for me anyways.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

it should work on 3g too. it does for me on tmobile. but should also work for any gsm service provider
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

I've not had any issues running apps, accessing web pages, etc while on a call.

The only thing I found that doesn't work is talking on a call and listening to tunes on the music player... but that's cool.

I'll be driving down the road listening to MP3 tunes on my N1 connected to my car's stereo through BT. When a call comes in, the volume of music drops very low. If/when I answer the call via my BT headset, the music stops altogether. When I end the call, the music automatically resumes right where it left off.

johnny cizzle - i can only get edge (since i have the tmobile version on at&t) but thats really strange. I tested it just now.. again same thing.., right when I hit call, the E disappears and i couldn't get on any webpages.. this really sucks guys.. i wonder why its like that?

You can only surf the web and be on a call while in 3G or Wifi.

Ya, using the phone + internet, it has to be on 3G.

Yeah what the last 2 said. Edge isn't cool to be able to do both data and cell at the same time.

thanks guys for confirming it. I was afraid of that. :\ im thinking i should just get another android phone.. one that can get 3g on at&t.. this n1 was given to me as a gift! its a great phone, but i want to get the most out of my plan (i was required to have the $30 data plan right after i used the n1).. but surfing the web on edge is just tooooo slow for me..

Quote Originally Posted by missnexus View Post
    thanks guys for confirming it. I was afraid of that. :\ im thinking i should just get another android phone.. one that can get 3g on at&t.. this n1 was given to me as a gift! its a great phone, but i want to get the most out of my plan (i was required to have the $30 data plan right after i used the n1).. but surfing the web on edge is just tooooo slow for me..
    Check to make sure you have a ATT N1, it could be that you're in a area where 3G is not available. You can always check around to see does anyone want to trade your Tmo N1 for a ATT N1.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links