Quick question about ATT service.

This is a discussion on Quick question about ATT service. within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; ATM i have HTC Aria, and i have the 200mb data plan with a family plan. And im buying a N1 that is unlocked for ...

Thread: Quick question about ATT service.

Quick question about ATT service.

ATM i have HTC Aria, and i have the 200mb data plan with a family plan. And im buying a N1 that is unlocked for ATT. So if i get the N1 and put in my SIM Card will it charge me anymore that im paying right now?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You should have no problems. Going from 1 smartphone w/ data to another will not change your plan or what you pay. I suggest you be VERY careful with that data plan though. 200 MB can go very quickly if you aren't observant.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    If you get a Nexus One, try a trick. Find an old phone that's not a smart phone. Call AT&T and tell them you no longer have a smartphone and just a regular phone and want to switch out the smartphone data plan and back to the $15 unlimited data plan for non smartphones. They may ask for the IMEI number and make. When they update switch out the SIMS card to the Nexus One after you hang up. It works for some but not for all, but AT&T has yet to detect my phone as a Nexus One since it's not on their list of subsidized phones. So I been using the $15 data plan since. I would just stay away from any AT&T apps that's on the market.

Worse case they detect, just have it switched back to your regular plan.

I will tell you though that Nexus will use alot more data than the Aria. So be careful you don't get hit with surcharges.
    Androidfied.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links