Is my phone unlocked?

This is a discussion on Is my phone unlocked? within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I hear they are all "factory unlocked". Are there any phones that work on both T-Mobile 3G and AT&T 3G? I know the 3G works ...

Thread: Is my phone unlocked?

Is my phone unlocked?

I hear they are all "factory unlocked". Are there any phones that work on both T-Mobile 3G and AT&T 3G? I know the 3G works on T-Mobile, but the phone was purchased direct from Google.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by GFreak View Post
    I hear they are all "factory unlocked". Are there any phones that work on both T-Mobile 3G and AT&T 3G? I know the 3G works on T-Mobile, but the phone was purchased direct from Google.
    There is so much confusion over the term "unlocked".

There are no Nexus One's that will work on both T-Mobile 3G and AT&T 3G. It has nothing to do with locking. The two carriers use different frequencies for the network and none of the Nexus One's have two radios to support that.

Quote Originally Posted by GFreak View Post
    If your phone works with T Mobile 3G it will NOT work on AT&T 3G

BUT 2G/Edge/GPRS will work as usual

There were 2 different versions available from Google... First only for T Mobile and then a later one for AT&T (and Rogers Wireless Canada)

you have the former, I, the latter

and NO, they dont' work together (there's no 5 RF Band 3G phone available currently AFAIK)

Thanks For the info guys

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links