Switching from Tmo to At&t

This is a discussion on Switching from Tmo to At&t within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I'm thinking about going to AT&T with my Nexus and was wondering if I can just buy the additional line and no data with AT&T ...

Thread: Switching from Tmo to At&t

Switching from Tmo to At&t

I'm thinking about going to AT&T with my Nexus and was wondering if I can just buy the additional line and no data with AT&T and then use my phone only with WiFi data? Anybody got any ideas on AT&T's policy. Their customer service referred me to a store since they don't know the Nexus One.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by BillNTacoma View Post
    I'm thinking about going to AT&T with my Nexus and was wondering if I can just buy the additional line and no data with AT&T and then use my phone only with WiFi data? Anybody got any ideas on AT&T's policy. Their customer service referred me to a store since they don't know the Nexus One.
    I'm not 100% on this, but knowing AT&T and their sneaky ways... Once you start using your phone it'll detect it as a smart phone or something and sign you up automatically for a data plan. Because they are nice that way and will do it for you without asking... But then again, I'm just thinking back to when I had the cheaper data plan and they switched me to the "correct" data plan for me. But you don't plan on using the data at all, so since you won't be using the data there's a good chance it'll never know. Until your receive or send a MMS.

No Problem.

Yeah.. actually if it's a Nexus one with the capabilities of running on T-mobiles 3G service but not on AT&Ts (because they run on completely different) then you shouldn't have to worry about AT&Ts "auto detect" feature. You can use the phone with or without data, and bear in mind that if you do choose data in the future then it'll be at 2G speeds.

Sources: I own a T-mobile Nexus One running on an unlimited $15 "dumb" phone data plan.

Switch to Verizon. Baddest android phones on the market.

I know it doesn't answer your question ....just throwing in some ideas

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

If I were you I will switch to verizon wireless instead.

Just wondering what is so great about Verizon I mean I live in Canada so I don`t have any of these choices but what I do know is that he can chose to switch to at&t if he wants maybe they have a plan he likes better itís his choice. But seriously other than there being more phones what is so great about Verizon.

You can have a voice plan only on AT&T no matter what phone you have.

They will force you buy a data plan only if you get a phone from them.

I asked them to block all data and text on my line and they did. It's called opt out... (data or text).

You can still get rollover minutes and A-list (5 favorite contacts free of charge), which can almost amount to unlimited calling if used cleverly (GV).

You might also get an AT&T prepaid plan. You can buy optional data ($20/100MB/month) and give the whole thing a try before you commit to a monthly plan.

BTW, T-Mobile also has prepaid, and has an optional ($1.49/unlimited/24 hours) daypass data plan.

I have SIMs for both, and swap them when appropriate. My total bill is < $20/month.

Quote Originally Posted by elliotbevan View Post
    If I were you I will switch to verizon wireless instead.
    He can't - AT&T and T-Mobile are GSM systems, using sim cards, while Verizon is a CDMA system, with no sim card. The Nexus that he has will only operate on the GSM carriers systems.

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links