mms issue

This is a discussion on mms issue within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I don't receive all MMS messages. Half the time, I would get a "hidden sender address: message not found" and its very annoying. I know ...

Thread: mms issue

mms issue

I don't receive all MMS messages. Half the time, I would get a "hidden sender address: message not found" and its very annoying. I know someone have sent me something, as it will highlight their name and their name will show up on top of my messages(as if I have a new message from them and it will stay that way) but it doesn't show the new message, rather I will get another error message.

I know you have to use the network's data to receive multimedia messages, so I was wondering if this is an at&t issue rather than the phone itself? Anyone else have this issue?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Missnexus, I have never run into an issue like this but it sounds like it's either an issue with the OS itself or the network. I see you are using AT&T and have a Nexus One. Which version of Android are you using?

Hi Action123, I'm using the stock version 2.2.1 FRG83D

I tried different messaging apps to see if it'll help, but I still get the error message. I do get alot of MMS -- and I hate when the messaging app FC's every now and then because of it. I am hoping gingerbread will fix this problem, but what do you think is causing this?

Well, I thought it might be that you haven't updated your OS recently but that doesn't seem to be the case. I don't really know too much about this case as I have never run into it myself, But what I would recommend is try and delete every single previous message (To clear up space) and try having the message sent again. It may be a warning message that you don't have any space left for MMS's. Once again, I am not speaking from a point that I know really know what I am talking about but this is just what I would try. If you have any applications running that may interfere with data access with your N1, also try disabling those. Sorry I couldn't be of more help with this issue..

Thanks, I do have some apps that have access to my messaging -- not sure if that's the culprit, but I'll try to disable them anyway to see. I clean up my messages periodically, and I ask my friends to resend their messages, which can be annoying lol. I get it the 2nd time.. i notice that it happens mostly when i dont get good coverage, or when i am getting multiple mms at the same time.... but then I still get the error when i have full bars...

That's probably the issue right there. Haha you didn't tell me that before! Your phone is not going to be able to 100% reliably process an MMS while you have a low amount of coverage. It will be able to do it when you have good 3G and HSPDA coverage but when you have a lot of services running that require data access plus you have multiple MMS's coming in, that's definitely gonna make something happen that is unwanted. Kill those services and retry the incoming message once you have better coverage.

It should just have the button "Download" if it can't get enough signal to load, so when you do get the coverage, you can hit the button and download the message.. but what I dont get is why its giving that error message instead...like 3 out of 5 times?

I should say that most of my mms are from my friends who has iPhones.. I'm not sure if youre familiar with their messaging, but they can send a group text --and group the conversation in one thread when any of the recipient sends a reply.. making it look like a chat room.. the replies are sent as MMS (even though they are just regular text)... they always get everyone's MMS's which is weird because they are on the same network... so then I would think its an android issue?... The apps I have that might interfere with messaging are exclusive to SMS only... I wonder if a custom ROM will fix it? lol I will eventually root my phone,, maybe once we get gingerbread...

iOS is 100% unable to control the way that another phone sends and recieves messages. It can only control itself. That is solely a decision that the Devs over at Apple Inc have made (probably for the reason that any carrier is going to charge for a group text as that is a bandwidth hogger. The chat room characteristic of the iPhone may or may not be something that Google introduces to the Android system. Your phone has the download button because some people may not want that picture on their system because it takes a lot of space. MMS is just an enhanced version of SMS (it has the capability of including pictures and other media). It may be that your friends' phones are always receiving the messages because it is in a zone with better service. Rooting is something that I recommend to all because it brings the absolute full capabilities of your phone out to work. I would say that the best OS (In my opinion) is Cyanogen Mod. You should take a look at 6.1.1 Stable which was recently released.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links