AT&T service issues...

This is a discussion on AT&T service issues... within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Hey everyone new to the forum but just wanted to throw a question out there. I live in the Bay Area in California & am ...

Thread: AT&T service issues...

AT&T service issues...

Hey everyone new to the forum but just wanted to throw a question out there. I live in the Bay Area in California & am on At&T and was wondering if anyone with an unlocked Nexus One was having network connection issues. I literally cannot connect to any of the AT&T networks (edge,2G,3G) right now & was wondering if anyone was having the same issue with their Nexus One in the area. Currently I'm in belmont but at around 12 pm my network connectivity went caput.

So I just wanted to see if anyone else was having the issue or if it was just my phone. I've taken out the SIM 2 times already & still no network connection. Thanks in advance.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Update: So I still had a super old cingular SIM & had never had any problems with it in my Nexus One until I posted yesterday. I've had my plan for so long that i still have the unlimited data option for 14.99. That being said, I when i bought my Nexus one, the SIM card worked perfectly fine and allowed me to get on the 3G network with no problem until yesterday.

When I literally got disonnected from the network & basically could only utilize wi-fi to make calls via skype & emergency calls. So I figured ok maybe this had to do with my old ass SIM card from cingular & finally At&T had caught up with me. Mind you they had been hounding me for a while to upgrade to a smart phone data package wherein I told them no since my data connection is fine.

Fastforward to today, I decided I probably needed to get a new SIM card, which At&T provides for free, in the hopes that would fix the issue. The guy at the At&t store was totally cool & switched it out no problem. So I pop in the SIM & it finds the network finally. But what i noticed was that in order to stay on the network & receieve normal calls & check my voice mail I have to have enable the 2G access. When I try and uncheck the 2G access my phone essentially becomes useless on the network again & stays in constant que when I try & look for the 3G network.

So I would assume that AT&T is trying to throttle me down by not allowing my phone to access the 3G network. Would anyone have any suggestions on how to rectify this or should I just call it a day and roll with the 2G/Edge network & just tax the crap out of it? Thanks again.

If your phone is actually an AT&T model, then you should absolutely be able to use 3G. If, however, you have one of the TMobile versions, then you're stuck with 2G only.

You can pull your battery and jot down the info on the sticker there, and we can help you make sure which phone you have. The 3G frequencies are different between the two versions of the N1.

I'll go ahead and do that...I bought it from google and made sure it was the unlocked AT&T version but now I'm not totally sure. What info Exactly would you need?

The FCC ID (in the black area below the EIN, S/N etc) should be NM8PB99110. If it's anything else, it's a TMo device.

Yup my FCC ID is: NM8PB99110...So I have a feeling it probably has to do with the old unlimited family data plan that I have. Unless you think it could be something else?

By the way thanks for your help, I reallyappreciate it.

Always glad to try and help...that's why we're here. As to what's causing it, I can see an old SIM card causing this, but with that fixed...well...I can't imagine a plan causing it. I'd start by talking to AT&T again, I suppose.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links