Network Settings for Nexus One - sudden loss of data network connectivity

This is a discussion on Network Settings for Nexus One - sudden loss of data network connectivity within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I've had AT&T service with a Samsung Blackjack II for a year now. A friend recently gave me an unlocked Nexus One that was purchased ...

Thread: Network Settings for Nexus One - sudden loss of data network connectivity

Question Network Settings for Nexus One - sudden loss of data network connectivity

I've had AT&T service with a Samsung Blackjack II for a year now. A friend recently gave me an unlocked Nexus One that was purchased directly from Google last year. I popped the SIM card in and it immediately recognized, no problems. I did notice that browsing was slow and I didn't get 3G coverage, just EDGE. However, twice now the phone just flat out loses data network. The first time, I put the SIM card back into the Blackjack and used it for a day or two, then gave the N1 a try again, and it worked just fine. This second time, I'm trying more dilligently to figure out what the problem is and am completely at a loss after speaking with both HTC and AT&T. I can make calls, I can get test text messages from AT&T, and I can access internet via wifi. HTC gave me some new settings to try, and when those didn't work, told me to call AT&T back and ask them to reprovision the phone. AT&T hasn't done that yet and says since they don't support the phone, they can't help. These are the APN settings I am using.

Name: AT&T
    APN: wap.cingular
    Proxy: 66.209.11.32 (have also tried blank)
    Username:WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password:CINGULAR1
    Server: leave blank
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    MMS Port: 80
    MCC:310
    MNC:410
    APN Type: leave blank

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

There's a networkfix.zip out there you can try--google it, I don't have link atm

It's somewhere on this forum and XDA

Also, under Mobile Networks/Network Operators choose "Select Automatically"
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links