Will you upgrade to Android 2.1 without Motoblur?

This is a discussion on Will you upgrade to Android 2.1 without Motoblur? within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by Pierre So far it's Flippin Good No pun intended?...

View Poll Results: Android Ice Cream or Ice Cream Sandwich

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ice Cream Sandwich

6 30.00%
  • Ice Cream

12 60.00%
  • Neither

2 10.00%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Will you upgrade to Android 2.1 without Motoblur?

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
    So far it's Flippin Good
    No pun intended?

I have 9 lockerz invites if interested PM me.

I like Blur, but would trade it for 2.1 for sure. I'm hoping they come up with a 2.1 compatible version of Blur.

Quote Originally Posted by waltah! View Post
    I like Blur, but would trade it for 2.1 for sure. I'm hoping they come up with a 2.1 compatible version of Blur.
    Blur will be updated to support 2.1. What the OP's talking about is a root for the backflip which wouldn't include MotoBlur.

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    I'm curious how many people out there are dead set on having Motoblur.

If a hack that provides Android 2.1 comes out for the phone but does not have Motoblur, will you still use it?
    I like Motoblur concept but haven't really used it and I want to upgrade to Android 2.1. Hoping that an official upgrade will include Motorblur. Any hack upgrade that allows me to continue to use PdaNet and Google Voice will be considered.

I'm transitioning from an iPhone and just got the backflip monday. So far, it's been difficult. Motoblur still seems confusing to me. I set Aol as my default email but when I send, it goes thru my gmail account.:confused:
    If an upgrade will make things easier, I'm all for it!

The available apps are a joke compared to iphone's, hopefully that will get better with time too.

You will have to set up the email manually to send with aol. The email that you set up for is just for Motoblur and their site and such.

Quote Originally Posted by krowwf View Post
    I'm transitioning from an iPhone and just got the backflip monday. So far, it's been difficult. Motoblur still seems confusing to me. I set Aol as my default email but when I send, it goes thru my gmail account.:confused:
    If an upgrade will make things easier, I'm all for it!
    Why on earth are you using AOL? Sorry but AOL has some of the worst customer service ever, and aside from that, it's pointless to pay for there service when everything you already need is available via access your local ISP provides. I cant understand how this company was not shut down already.

Why not give Gmail a try and see of you like that. Its free, and you can easily sync it up with your phone.

The available apps are a joke compared to iphone's, hopefully that will get better with time too.
    What makes you say that? I have found I can do just about anything, app wise, the iphone can do. Not to mention the Marketplace has a higher percentage of free apps compared to the App Store.

Well; the only reason why some of the apps on the Android market are a bit, "lower quality" is because they were written to just work. A lot of them have bugs and what not. And they don't go through a review process like the iTunes App store.

The iTunes App store, you have to go through a review process, and, well, Steve Jobs has to like it before he says yes. If he doesn't like it, he doesn't let it pass.

The Android store is getting there, it's brand new, and give it time.

Motoblur is my consolation prize for not waiting till the Palm Pre hit AT&T. I would love to have the Google Maps navigation though. I would ditch MotoBlur for 2.1 if it also release my Backflip from AT&T's lockdown they have it on.

Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Motoblur is my consolation prize for not waiting till the Palm Pre hit AT&T. I would love to have the Google Maps navigation though. I would ditch MotoBlur for 2.1 if it also release my Backflip from AT&T's lockdown they have it on.
    Vasekvi, you can have google maps navigation, just download the google maps app from the market and it has the google navigation on it if I'm not mistaken I have it on mine.... good luck

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links