Will you upgrade to Android 2.1 without Motoblur?

This is a discussion on Will you upgrade to Android 2.1 without Motoblur? within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Just out of curiosity, if you have no use for any of the features of Motoblur, why did you get a Motoblur phone? As for ...

View Poll Results: Android Ice Cream or Ice Cream Sandwich

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ice Cream Sandwich

6 30.00%
  • Ice Cream

12 60.00%
  • Neither

2 10.00%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Will you upgrade to Android 2.1 without Motoblur?

Just out of curiosity, if you have no use for any of the features of Motoblur, why did you get a Motoblur phone?

As for myself, I think I will probably wait for the official update.

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    Just out of curiosity, if you have no use for any of the features of Motoblur, why did you get a Motoblur phone?...
    Well, I don't know about Aldan01, but the reason I got the blackflip also had nothing to do with Motoblur and social networking.

I got it because it was the only phone AT&T is offering that uses Android and because I liked the phone's hardware configuration, i.e. the keyboard, the three buttons on the bottom and the phone's overall size. Plus it just 'feels' well made and sturdy.

Right now, I don't think Motoblur is getting in my way too much but it's not doing anything I want to have done, either. When the phone gets rooted, I guess I'll need to decide whether to keep Motoblur on it or not. For now, I just ignore it.

I got the Backflip because of Android and because Amazon offered it for $ 0.01 . At that price it was a no-brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldan01 View Post
    I got the Backflip because of Android and because Amazon offered it for $ 0.01 .
    Agreed. The only Android phones that I know of, fully compatible with the AT&T network right now, are the Backflip and the Nexus One. $0.01 beats $529.00 every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I'm intrigued by Motoblur, and will use it initially and perhaps longer. However, if Android 2.1 releases and I must sacrifice Motoblur to get to that version, I don't think it will slow me down.

Quote Originally Posted by Lendal View Post
    Well, I don't know about Aldan01, but the reason I got the blackflip also had nothing to do with Motoblur and social networking.

I got it because it was the only phone AT&T is offering that uses Android and because I liked the phone's hardware configuration, i.e. the keyboard, the three buttons on the bottom and the phone's overall size. Plus it just 'feels' well made and sturdy.

Right now, I don't think Motoblur is getting in my way too much but it's not doing anything I want to have done, either. When the phone gets rooted, I guess I'll need to decide whether to keep Motoblur on it or not. For now, I just ignore it.
    This is the exact reason I got it.

And the fact that it was one cent on Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lendal View Post

After owning it I have to agree with this statement. I still don't grasp what Motoblur does for me on this phone since this is the first smartphone I've owned.
    The selling point for me prior to this knowledge was the fact it linked my phone contacts to my car stereo which my previous phone, a Samsung Mythic, was unable to do.
    I voted to wait on the official release. I'm not too savvy with software updating and modifications and would rather know that a problem on my phone wasn't created by a hacked program that may have some missing data.

yea i will drop motoblur if there is a official 2.1, i had the problem with lag from motoblur so i popped out my SD card and master reset the phone the day i got it and now it runs at peak, idk why motoblur messed up my phone ON THE FIRST DAY but if 2.1 is truly going to be released in Q3 im hopping off motoblur and using 2.1, and hopefully AT&T will stop kissing apples butt, drop them, and let us HACK OUR PHONES

PS. I upgraded from an iphone May 16 after having it for one year, the iphone is a fad i truly believe its a phone for people who want a smart phone but are too stupid to use android

Screw AT&T and their narrow-minded, Steve Jobs influenced, greedy mindset. I will put a custom ROM on as soon as there is a way available to me.
    There are soooo many more\better options available in the development world and 2.1 and root access will make all the difference. What Motoblur does can be duplicated. . .It's not that special.

The whole point of the Android platform is FREEDOM. Open source. Options. Don't lock in to the mind-set of "ican't" but rather, "does" - - - Android does.

I know this is a bit of a rant but AT&T has taken the best idea to hit the mobile world ever (Android) and ruin it for the sake of controlling their users experience to make a buck. >_<

I also have no use for MotoBlur. Wanted an Android phone and am stuck on AT&T. I like the keyboard.

I will get rid of Motoblur as soon as possible, heck I would put 1.6 without Motoblur on this phone.

I'd put Android 2.1 without Motoblur on my phone in an instant.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links