Will you upgrade to Android 2.1 without Motoblur?

This is a discussion on Will you upgrade to Android 2.1 without Motoblur? within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Honestly, Blur on 1.5 is great and I use it every day. The native Facebook/Twitter integration on 2.1 is good enough for me to ditch ...

View Poll Results: Android Ice Cream or Ice Cream Sandwich

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ice Cream Sandwich

6 30.00%
  • Ice Cream

12 60.00%
  • Neither

2 10.00%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Will you upgrade to Android 2.1 without Motoblur?

Honestly, Blur on 1.5 is great and I use it every day. The native Facebook/Twitter integration on 2.1 is good enough for me to ditch the blur on 2.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    I'm curious how many people out there are dead set on having Motoblur.

If a hack that provides Android 2.1 comes out for the phone but does not have Motoblur, will you still use it?

I really hope that they give a way to remove motoblur from the phone because i see no reason in really having it. It kills the battery, and I also hope they give us google search instead of yahoo.......... :mad:

Quote Originally Posted by adfleshner View Post
    I really hope that they give a way to remove motoblur from the phone because i see no reason in really having it. It kills the battery, and I also hope they give us google search instead of yahoo.......... :mad:
    I'm no fan of Motoblur. It doesn't do anything I want to have done.

But I seriously doubt that it's doing much to drain the battery. Unless you give it something to do, of course. Then it would.

But if you have no accounts set up in there for it to poll and/or update, then I suspect all it does is plunk it's fat butt down in RAM taking up valuable system memory but not really impacting the battery uage that much at all.

My complaints about Blur are actually that it's limited in what it is capable of, such as not being able to retweet posts from Twitter. I do like having everything all together to sort through, but really it's more of just a journal log of your networking sites, that you still have to respond to from another app.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    I'm curious how many people out there are dead set on having Motoblur.

If a hack that provides Android 2.1 comes out for the phone but does not have Motoblur, will you still use it?
    in a heart beat

If I could update to 2.1 I would do it immediately. Especially if I could do it without Motosuck. In fact I think they should have an option to either update to a vanilla Android right away or wait for MotoCrap to be updated.
    The only reason I got the phone was because it was the only subsidized Android phone on AT&T. I can't see paying $500 plus for a phone no mater how much I would love to have the N1.There's just too many other things I need/want to buy right now. I like the phone I just don't have any use for MotoBlur.

Quote Originally Posted by kikaha View Post
    If I could update to 2.1 I would do it immediately. Especially if I could do it without Motosuck. In fact I think they should have an option to either update to a vanilla Android right away or wait for MotoCrap to be updated.
    The only reason I got the phone was because it was the only subsidized Android phone on AT&T. I can't see paying $500 plus for a phone no mater how much I would love to have the N1.There's just too many other things I need/want to buy right now. I like the phone I just don't have any use for MotoBlur.
    AMEN!

Poll assumes this phone will be rooted, which is doubtful.

I will Upgrade to 2.1

I'll dump MotoBlur in a heartbeat to upgrade to the new OS...I'm also hopeful that the upgrade will do away with ATT navigation and replace with Google. Do we have a solid date of release for the upgrade?

No. Only that it should be released Q3 of this year.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links