Motorola Backflip now official, Cliq promised Android 2.1 and Droid Flash 10.1

This is a discussion on Motorola Backflip now official, Cliq promised Android 2.1 and Droid Flash 10.1 within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; AT&T's quick tease this morning has finally materialized: introducing the Motorola Backflip, a QWERTY device with WiFi, five megapixel camera, and Android 1.5. It's not ...

Thread: Motorola Backflip now official, Cliq promised Android 2.1 and Droid Flash 10.1

Admin

Motorola Backflip now official, Cliq promised Android 2.1 and Droid Flash 10.1

AT&T's quick tease this morning has finally materialized: introducing the Motorola Backflip, a QWERTY device with WiFi, five megapixel camera, and Android 1.5. It's not a slider; instead, it's got the keyboard on the outside and flips outward. Motoblur's the skin of choice here, and before you say anything, Sanjay Jha himself says "we're still working on battery life." He wouldn't confirm a carrier, but "unique form factor" and previous leaks all but guarantee this is its inaugural Ma Bell Android phone. And don't fret Cliq / Droid users, Jha wants you to know that Android 2.1 is coming to all its Motorola devices, including Cliq, and Droid's getting Flash 10.1. So hey, there's something you can really look forward to.

Update: While it should eventually get 2.1, according to the presser, at launch it'll only have Android 1.5 -- bummer. Thanks to chilko for the heads up!

(Source: engadget.com)

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Update: While it should eventually get 2.1, according to the presser, at launch it'll only have Android 1.5 -- bummer. Thanks to chilko for the heads up!

(Source: engadget.com)
    For what its worth, I will confirm it does ship with 1.5, and in regards to battery life, maybe its an app, or apps i use, but its a vampire compared to my Pantech Slate,and Pantech Duo(Windows Mobile 5 - I think) I had previously. Then again,my girlfriend is almost considering it my mistress at this stage .

Battery life is horrible as is with most if not all android devices.

Ya, I was very scared of short battery life. It really isn't all that great. But it lasts just as long as my iPhone did, so not all that shocked.

Looks like Q3 for the 2.1 update.
    https://supportforums.motorola.com/c...?view=overview

Could it be that the reason people notice 'shorter battery life' is because they're doing more with the phone now?

Think about it. I'm pretty sure you guys are probably spending a lot more time playing with this phone than you did with the old ones you remember having much better battery life.

Well, better late than never I guess. Wish it wouldn't be so long to get 2.1 though. Here's hoping it's more like July than September.

Quote Originally Posted by Lendal View Post
    Could it be that the reason people notice 'shorter battery life' is because they're doing more with the phone now?

Think about it. I'm pretty sure you guys are probably spending a lot more time playing with this phone than you did with the old ones you remember having much better battery life.
    In some cases maybe but most reported cases people indicate things like making a few quick call, few text and browsing a few web sites.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links